StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Time for action from our Market Chiefs...<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #151180
Ignore marine2
3/12/2020 1:55:21 PM

Once the NYSE Chairman and the other exchanges realize when their services are falling off the cliff they should be ordered to stop the market for at least a few days to freeze it. With all the panic going around it would be prudent they do this. If they don’t do it on their own then the President needs to order them to freeze it. Yes, they have stopped their activities briefly in these critical days of uncertainty but it MUST be longer than that. Stop the insanity!

marine2
963 posts
msg #151193
Ignore marine2
3/12/2020 11:49:52 PM

I see the NYSE Chairman once again let the market drop even further into the abyss. Why? I have this feeling he’s shorting the market big time in his personal investments so he wants the market to crash. Someone should look into why there aren’t safety stops in preventing millions upon millions of dollars being washed away without any safeguards in place.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #151213
Ignore karennma
3/13/2020 5:00:37 PM

I just noticed you posted your message on he BA thread as well, so I'm double-posting my response ...
==================================================================

Haha! U sound like a "conspiracy theorist".
Wanna hear mine?
Mike Bloomberg used ALL the money he had left and shorted the market so Trump would get blamed .. and lose the election.
Re: "NYSE Chairman" ...
HE can't do anything. The market was in a BIG BUBBLE and it popped.
You could say the "global economy has gone viral".
It was inevitable.
I kept looking at this thing with ONE thought, "1987".
Only it's worse.
SMH ...

marine2
963 posts
msg #151284
Ignore marine2
modified
3/19/2020 3:05:32 AM

Just saying, our exchanges need a better safety mechanism than the current method they’re using now. If the news is of catastrophic news then something must be done instead of watching trillions of dollars evaporate. Granted the short investors that are good at their game make out like bandits while the rest of the country and in this case the world sits there in shambles. Perhaps force all companies once the market falls over 7% (for example) they must buy back so many shares of their own stock? Obviously, each company would have to have a safety reserve fund to reach into each time the market dives like that. Perhaps, the government could help each company fill their safety reserves with money that normally be used for Federal taxes the government would tax them? Bottom line is, find ways to slow or stop the sudden stock price declines. It’s always the same statement Investment brokers give to their clients when the market drops like a rock, do not sell your equities, sit tight and let the fear subside. Meanwhile, that client continues to see his nest egg bleed out. Human’s can only take so much damage to their life’s savings before they liquidate their equity positions. Fear and Exuberance drives the markets and especially with fear there must be better ways to calm the markets than what’s currently being used.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Time for action from our Market Chiefs...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.