StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Really<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #33572
Ignore marine2
10/15/2004 1:33:24 AM

Just by useing one simple filter like: show +DI(14) crossing above -DI(14) at close and -DI(14) is below 20 and volume is above 300000. Will generate quite a few positive results. I think the key is to keep filters simple and don't mix them with too many other tools. Some of them negate the other.

Have fun and make some money.

Marine2

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #33758
Ignore karennma
10/30/2004 2:11:35 PM

Did you get "Potential Filter Error" when u run that?

jpistell
123 posts
msg #33761
Ignore jpistell
10/30/2004 7:41:38 PM

I can't agree with you more.

K.I.S.S.

I have several thousand hours of TradeStation script writing and back testing as a self-employed trader. I worked hard refining and refining and refining scripts only to see it fail time and time again. I've bought thousands of dollars of formulas (scripts) from "professionals", none of them pass muster, all of them fall into and out of favor.

MONEY MANAGEMENT IS THE HOLY GRAIL.

It's all about risk management. Watch your formula's results in the historical results area. Watch closely the % of winners vs the % of losers AND the gain of the winners vs the loss of the losers.

As an example, if your script output is 10% profitable, AND 90% of trades are losses, BUT, the winners are BIG WINNERS, study the losses intensly and write up trading rules to minimize the losses against your account.

g'luck,
joe

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #33763
Ignore txtrapper
10/30/2004 8:54:40 PM

Remove "at close" to eliminate potential filter error in SF.

Fetcher[show +DI(14) crossing above -DI(14) and -DI(14) is below 20 and volume is above 300000]

Nice Filter Marine.

TxTrapper
------------------

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Really<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.