StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Price Pattern Matches 2boxer<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
wallman
299 posts
msg #467
Ignore wallman
2/17/2003 3:22:33 PM

KAREN, what is it that you don't understand,i'll try to help if i can,it's actually pretty simple

wallman
299 posts
msg #468
Ignore wallman
2/17/2003 3:52:08 PM

KAREN,what is it you don't understand,i'll try to help if i can

jatin9
10 posts
msg #493
Ignore jatin9
2/20/2003 12:09:18 PM

MUDDY, can you please shed some light on how to find hot ETFs or worst performing ETFs?
Thank you.

wallman
299 posts
msg #495
Ignore wallman
2/20/2003 4:37:18 PM

JATIN9, glad to,good way to do it is get a copy of Wall Street Journal every few days and compare the ETF or HOLDER'S YTD% change of todays copy with the previous copy(s),that way you can stay right on top of them as they make their move up or down,very easy cause unlike IBD WSJ lists them all together under one heading,that being "exchange traded portfolios" in the american stock exchange quote section,pretty simple cause there's only about 100 of them and over time you will develop favorites which may narrow your field down to about 20-30 to keep an eye on with whatever indicators you use,for me i use bollinger bands and volume which over the past few years have proven very reliable.I have found that trading ETF'S with average daily volume under 50000 shares many times gives me poor bid and ask spreads so i avoid those.When you find ones your considering go to www.amex.com,in upper left corner of home page is quote box,just click your symbols and to the right you can click charts for the time frame you want and also click holdings to see every stock held in that ETF which is a pretty neat feature,if you have any more ? i'll try to answer them, have fun,MUDDY

rrochon
117 posts
msg #26722
Ignore rrochon
6/3/2003 2:07:51 PM

So, this is not really a screen that Stockfetcher can help us find, right? Or is there a way that SF can help us find candidates?

Dick

dmindy
42 posts
msg #26724
Ignore dmindy
6/3/2003 2:38:35 PM

Ok one quick newbie question...

Are all of the EFTs on AMEX.com "Holdrs" or are some of them activelt managed and thus not "Stuck" with the under performers?

Do you just go to amex.com or holdrs.com and look for the one with the largest negative percentage?

I guess that's 2 questions. :)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Price Pattern Matches 2boxer<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.