StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #33203
Ignore marine2
9/9/2004 11:50:15 PM

Can anyone help me make this statement viable for positive stock retrieval. "Show stocks when Aroon Oscillator(8) touched -92 after the third time between 4 to 6 days"

I tried this and it shows syntax error(s). Can someone help me write this properly to make this thing work. It seems you get very good results when this Aroon Oscillator(8) hits the -92 after the third time within a short amount of days.

Thanks!

Marine2

xplorer
257 posts
msg #33206
Ignore xplorer
9/10/2004 7:41:21 AM

Here goes ... I am sure you are going to have to play with the numbers...

Fetcher[show stocks where the count(Aroon Oscillator(8) touched -92) equals 3 within the last 10 days]

... also check out one of our elite member's (YEPHER) site ... it really helps show how to use all the commands:

http://yepher.com/~yepher/stockfetcher/command.html

marine2
963 posts
msg #33216
Ignore marine2
9/11/2004 1:33:49 AM

Thanks again for your welcomed help Xplorer. Yes, I will try that web site you mentioned concerning how to write proper statements that get good results.

I will tinker with the filter you sent out and hopefully it will produce some dandies.

Marine2

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #33218
Ignore kgriffen
9/11/2004 12:14:37 PM

It doesn't seem to work that way, I *think* the proper command would be:

Fetcher[show stocks where the count(Aroon Oscillator(8) touched -92,10) equals 3]

The ",10" gets you the count within the last 10 days.

-kg

marine2
963 posts
msg #33221
Ignore marine2
9/11/2004 9:39:16 PM

Thanks KGiffen, for revising this new filter. Each time, I learn more from you experts out there. I tried it out and yes it did produce results. With what you gave to me, I can slide the timing around and create different results. Also by adding a few other screener statements such as -DI(14) over 30 and Williams %R below 90 really filters it down quite abit. It's not perfect but with more tweeking who knows.

Thanks again for your help!

Marine2

xplorer
257 posts
msg #33236
Ignore xplorer
9/13/2004 9:54:07 PM

KG ... good call ! Thanks for the correction !

,,,and Marine2 to ...thanks to you too !
... with both your help I have a new tool to play with ...and it back tests pretty good.

FARE WELL !

xplorer
257 posts
msg #33308
Ignore xplorer
9/18/2004 7:50:38 PM

Has anyone incorporated this "Aroon Oscillator" into any other screen ? I see that it does offer alot of potential, but I want to see what other have combined it with to get good results.. Thanks in advance!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.