StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · looking for stocks that have traded very narrow and...<< >>Post Follow-up
stockmarket
2 posts
msg #28872
Ignore stockmarket
9/25/2003 6:47:29 PM

are about to burst out,
I am new to stockfetcher and I am really enjoying the screens and discussion board. I was wondering if anyone could help, I am looking for stocks that trade narrowly but would like to catch them before that big jump.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28878
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/25/2003 8:26:52 PM

1) Look for increase in volume.

2) Look for positive divergence between price and rsi(2) on the daily chart.

3) Look for open = close.

Find 2 out of 3 and you should have a winner!

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

jthehut
124 posts
msg #28883
Ignore jthehut
9/25/2003 9:47:49 PM

I am lazy.

Please write the filter for me!!!

JUST KIDDING....Don't write me an angry email back! Unless you're an angry old codger...

jabba

jthehut
124 posts
msg #28886
Ignore jthehut
9/25/2003 9:57:08 PM

This filter doesn't return anything...

Show stocks where close has decreased from 1 day ago and rsi(2) has increased from 1 day ago and date offset is x

why not? only intra-day divergence works??? why wouldn't brisk trading at the end of the day cause a divergence EVER???

M

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28892
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/25/2003 10:23:38 PM

Jthehut...

too funny...

for divergence you would need two days!

Fetcher[rsi(2) below 25 and close above 0.01 and Average Volume(10) is above 50000 and volume above 50000 and close below close 2 days ago and rsi(2) above rsi(2) 2 days ago and close less than 10% above Bottom linear Regression Line(60)]

Perhaps this will help you understand.

MAY YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · looking for stocks that have traded very narrow and...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.