StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch lists<< >>Post Follow-up
jmp23834
18 posts
msg #146953
Ignore jmp23834
modified
3/16/2019 5:31:24 PM

I have a watchlist of stocks I frequently trade and use a filter to identify entry points. Sometimes I already have a position and would like to ignore those stocks. I created a second watchist of open positions. Is there a way to exclude those?
Example: apply to watchlist (Potential) but exclude (Open)

four
5,087 posts
msg #146955
Ignore four
modified
3/16/2019 7:29:01 PM

perhaps...

Use the Ignore List that StockFetcher offers:

1. Top-right corner of the screen, [click link] Account
2. [click link] Settings
3. [click tab] Ignore List

-- To add to ignore list
[type] symbols
[click button] Ignore Symbols

-- To remove from ignore list
[click checkbox]
[click button] Remove Checked

jmp23834
18 posts
msg #146973
Ignore jmp23834
3/17/2019 7:44:31 PM

Great idea except it is a global setting. I have other filters for the Open watchlist that look for exits so I don't want to ignore them.

four
5,087 posts
msg #146976
Ignore four
3/17/2019 11:07:51 PM

Watchlists > Watchlist Actions > Duplicate

Duplicate your Watchlist and then manually remove the open symbols from the duplicate. Use the duplicate in your filter that is now minus open symbols.

Venice
82 posts
msg #146989
Ignore Venice
3/18/2019 1:13:21 PM

Might be worth using the buy/hold/sell toggle on the stocks. For instance, ones that you want ignored mark as 'hold'. These three options are available on the graphical chart when filtering.

Then in your filter - 'show stocks where myrating is not hold'

So for your example...

show stocks where
myrating is not hold
apply to watchlist(potential)

jmp23834
18 posts
msg #146997
Ignore jmp23834
3/18/2019 6:20:29 PM

Venice, works great. It also allowed me to eliminate the Open watchlist. For the buy filter I use this:

show stocks where myrating is not hold

For the sell filters I just dropped the not:

show stocks where myrating is hold

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Watch lists<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.