StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher Man of the Year Award<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
rtucker
318 posts
msg #42129
Ignore rtucker
modified
3/16/2006 4:54:58 PM

s

dangreene
229 posts
msg #42139
Ignore dangreene
3/16/2006 7:20:24 PM

TESTIMONIAL TO THE MIGHTY RIGGS

The Mighty Riggs is renown on two counts: He was one of the most famous American TA filter writers of his time, which was the early-twenty first century. He also had the distinction of firing the first shot of the Civil War. In both arenas he was a vociferously outspoken, independent trailblazer.

Aside from his many advances in filter writing (and they had a tremendous impact on our trading; he was called the "Father of Displaced Moving Averages"), arguably one of his more important contributions to seeing into the future(from 14 days back). As an outspoken technician, his strongly opinionated entries give us an unique view of his many wants and needs. His first hand accounts of his many incredible trading accomplishments left many breathless with envy.

His experimentation with TA indicators, including Bull Power and Bear Power, improved the trading of many lucky subscribers to StockFetcher who were able to partake of his tremendous knowledge without having to ante up for the advanced subscription.

A testimony was given to the Might Riggs in early 2006. It was said of him, "With enthusiastic joy, we proclaim that the Might Riggs has by his untiring industry in the cause of filter writing, enabled us to make two ears of corn or two blades of grass to grow upon a spot of earth where only one grew before."

There was some disagreement between two schools of thought regarding filter writing (looking into the future versus displaying values mined with computer power), and the proponents of each school defended his methodology. In the end the membership seemed to favor the use of displays because in the end it's not what you trade but how you trade it (or was it wait for green, I don't know, something like that).

Another bone of contention centered around 'positive divergence' where the Might Riggs threw down the gauntlet by proclaiming - - - "If any one SF member can find a SINGLE stock that DOESN'T show "Divergence" via RSI(2)in the last 2 trading days(3/9/06 & 3/10/06) of my filter, he or she will be responsible for sending THE MIGHTY RIGGS into permanent exile!". Of course the Mighty Riggs has gone over the filter results for these 2 trading days with a fine tooth comb and is ready to shoot down any criticism.

Don't set your hopes of exiling The Mighty Riggs too high as he will insist on being the final arbiter as he always writes the rules.

Since in the end we have no other choice, we therefore by acclaim acknowledge The Might Riggs as "THE STOCKFETCHER MAN OF THE YEAR".

Here are the first three finishers. Ooops, is that Riggs doing the heavy work again?

http://www.btinternet.com/~knutty.knights/more_manofyear.htm

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The above is being posted in the spirit of levity with malice toward no one.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Portions of this spoof were taken from the following site;
http://www.hanoverhistory.org/ruffin.html

BFreshour
139 posts
msg #42140
Ignore BFreshour
3/16/2006 7:29:27 PM

Brilliant!

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #42149
Ignore luc1grunt
3/16/2006 8:54:25 PM

I have to say, (wiping tears as I write), that was beautiful. I have built a shrine and a candle will be lit.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #42152
Ignore alf44
3/16/2006 9:35:09 PM

...it IS rather early in the year to make our final choices for...ah hem...

..."SF Man of the Year"...I mean it's only March !

Perhaps a BIGGER pain in the azz will emerge...a BIGGER buffoon !

Perhaps someone even MORE obnoxious...MORE full-o-chit !

Someone even MORE DESERVING of this dubious honor !

N-A-A-A-H-H-H-H-H !!!

Not gonna happen...look no further !

Regards,

alf44

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42205
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/18/2006 9:45:10 PM

"If a man offers you a gift and you refuse to accept it, to whom does the gift belong?

If a man offers you an insult and you refuse to accept it, to whom does the insult belong?"

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42206
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
3/18/2006 10:47:06 PM

But Avery....I meant it in the most kindest manor. BTW, wasn't that Don Knotts who said that? Or was it Ernest Hemmingway? LOL....

RIGGS

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42209
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/18/2006 10:52:31 PM

"I must say...I've been telling you people what a psycho this poster was (with NO support from anyone) for many Months!"

Shouldn't that tell you something? Hey, you've still got "BFreshour & Drew9" in your corner. What more do ya want "Alphie?" LOL....

RIGGS.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #42207
Ignore alf44
modified
3/18/2006 11:36:28 PM

...I make a motion we CHANGE the name of this award...

...somehow "MAN"...just seems to be a bit of an exaggeration...and...well...a bit too complimentary !

After looking up "sociopath" in the dictionary...and seeing a perfect riggs description...I believe we have no other choice than to make this...

...SF's "SOCIOPATH" of the Year Award !

This moron actually has the audacity to "quote" and compare his "self-described persecution" to that of Jesus ! LOL

If that doesn't qualify for sociopathic behavior...nothing does !

------------------------

sociopath

n : someone with a sociopathic personality; a person with an antisocial personality disorder (`psychopath' was once widely used but has now been superseded by `sociopath') [syn: psychopath]

------------------------

Anybody with me on this ?

I must say...I've been telling you people what a psycho this poster was/is [with NO support (until recently) from anyone] for many Months !

Regards,

alf44 (aka...one of the "little people")

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42212
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/18/2006 11:57:46 PM

Dangreen -

That was sheer genius! LOL...

Would you mind doing my eulogy when it's time?

RIGGS. lol....

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher Man of the Year Award<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.