StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · StockFetcher PRO<< >>Post Follow-up
dsafari
43 posts
msg #100
Ignore dsafari
11/3/2002 4:55:26 AM

Hello stockfetcher,

Any chances of making a Linux port for StockFetcher PRO? Seems like an untapped market as I'm not having much luck find any current project that does this in Linux.

tomb
267 posts
msg #103
Ignore tomb
11/6/2002 4:44:30 PM

Hi,

Right now we don't have immediate plans for a linux version of StockFetcher Pro. Since a majority of our development is in linux, it is something we have definitely considered, but at the moment we do not have anything in works.

Just out of curiousity, would you have a wish-list of features that you would like to see in a linux version? Also, what distribution (if not a mix) of linux are you using? Which desktop do you prefer?

Thanks,

Tom.

dsafari
43 posts
msg #105
Ignore dsafari
11/7/2002 1:45:18 AM

I currently use Gentoo at home and sometimes I use Debian (at work mostly). These are my two favourite versions of Linux so far (after 4 years of Linux usage). I use KDE for my windowing environment/management.

As for features I would at least like the following:
- Scripting langauge to write filters
- Scripting langauge to create views/charts (pre-defined ones as well like you have already done with stockfetcher)
- Drawing and labeling (trendlines)
- zoom in, zoom out of the views.
- different intervals (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, and intraday possibly).
- portfolio management

I think stockfetcher is a great service and enjoy using it. But there are some things I wish I could do that are simply not possible, or will work poorly when writing for the lowest common denominator. The drawing of trendlines comes to mind in this area. Sure it could be written in an applet which works properly some of the time (bigcharts doesn't always work for me and requires a reload). Or it could be written with SVG but then the audience would be narrowed and require adobe SVG plugin, or possibley Mozilla compiled with SVG support (don't know how supportive this really is).

I think it is great that you are even asking this question - kudos to the stockfetcher team.

dsafari
43 posts
msg #106
Ignore dsafari
11/8/2002 5:34:58 PM

One more feature I just thought of while walking the dog. It would be nice to be able to save indicators/oscillators on a per security basis. I find myself often adjusting things like SMA's and RSI's to accurately reflect a securities cycle, problem is I have to either jot down what the indicator/oscillator parameters where I have to analyze it again. This would be a huge time saver for securities that people watched often.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · StockFetcher PRO<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.