StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · This Is The Last Filter You Will Ever Need Part III<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41710
Ignore alf44
3/3/2006 10:50:44 AM

"...why do we EVER use the "offset?" I'll tell you...because we as filter builders like to show R-E-L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y..."

----------------------

Well...if that's true...why not use a 20 day offset...or, a 30 day offset...or, a 40 day offset !

I DID...and I wasn't that impressed ! fwiw

If the filter is so R-E-L-I-A-B-L-E...shouldn't it also perform just as R-E-L-I-A-B-L-Y over a period of time ?

It was a rhetorical question...no answer is required "WALLSTREETGENIUS", "riggs", "Julie" or, whatever your name is today !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41713
Ignore alf44
3/3/2006 11:49:48 AM

Julia...or, was it Julie ? I forget !

I'm not "HOT" on the 20 day offset...or, any other number for that matter !

I just made a comment...that was prompted by your original use of an "11 day offset".

That's a curious number...and one that was obviously NOT picked at random ! And, I'm sure anyone...well...anyone but YOU can see the fallacy of "handpicking" ONE DAY to measure the worth (or lack thereof) of any stock filter.

Don't want to get into an exchange with you (and all of your aliases) over this !

I'm done !

Regards,

alf44

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #41714
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/3/2006 12:29:33 PM

I fully understand alf44. But I made it clear in an earlier post that the 11-day offset was chosen b/c it was then 11 days ago that I originally posted that filter. So it was nothing more than giving a present up-to-date on my filter. And I'm glad you're "done," because you're always a waste of time and unchallenging. But it's always nice to know that you visit my threads B-4 you're own. LoL!

RIGGS.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41717
Ignore nikoschopen
3/3/2006 2:26:17 PM

More often than not, I'm blissfully ignorant to the views of others who hide behind a disingenuous monicker that verges on overextended adolescent-wit (like "WALLSTREETGENIUS"), but how did RIGGS ever get hijacked in the first place?

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #41730
Ignore Koronbock
modified
3/4/2006 8:04:43 AM

RIGGS alias WALLSTREETGENIUS alias (several others) is able to antagonize even the most gentle, nice and well-meaning people. Too bad RIGGS (or whatever your name is), just imagine how much more fun and success you would have would you "join" the family of civilized and polite people, who make up the vast majority of this board.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41738
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/4/2006 1:39:51 PM

Riggs:

The ZOOM LENS is a DISPLAY not a FILTER per se.

It is a starting point. It wasn't "broken". It didn't need to be "fixed".

What you did, on your own, was learn another way of using it!

The idea behind the ZOOM LENS display is to plot an indicator from multiple time frames on one chart so you can see, at a glance, when the indicator has bottomed in all of the time frames.

The idea behind the WARM filter display is plotting unlike indicator in the same chart, with normalized values, so you can see, at a glance, when all of the indicators have bottomed.

I combined both displays into one display so you can see at a glance what the indicator readings.

What oscillators you use don't matter.. rsi, cci, etc... it's when you get the reading you are looking for that matters.

So Riggs, I am glad you found a way of turning the displays into a filter that for you and sharing the information.

But all I know is, from experience, when a "good" stock bottoms on the WARM display it is time to load the boat. What happened to you was you traded the stocks that the filter spit out without know whether or not they were "good". Yes, I said "load the boat..." but you have to know what you're loading!

I don't trade every stock that the filter spits out... I wait for it to spit out the stocks I know.... Like SBAC, SONS, GOOG, etc...

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41739
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/4/2006 1:44:10 PM

RIGGS:

ADVAL is accumulation/distribution. I prefer for it to be near 0 because that means all the sellers have sold.

MOVAL is momentum. When that's near the bottom, it usually reverses and so does the price.

The MOVAL below 30 is the reason your tweak is working. ADVAL above 70 just means the buyers HAVE BEEN BUYING. And that means smart money has bought already and is getting reading to dump soon.

So your version will catch the pops but I would think you would want to exit soon or be stuck.

Have you tried your filter using WEEKLY numbers?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41752
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/4/2006 9:06:24 PM

Riggs:

You're cracking me up.

Basically what you are saying is just buy the stocks the filter spits out and you make money.

There is no reference at all to any trading skills!!

Perhaps that's why you lost $17,000!!

That's why I say, it's not what you trade, it's how you trade it!

You better know something about trading before you start trading with real money. Knowing how to read price, volume and time is critical.

aND I really don't care to debate rsi(2) anymore, it is a proven winner.

But I am glad you have learned how to use the ZOOM LENS to your advantage.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #41755
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
3/4/2006 10:45:49 PM

Avery -

I crack YOU up? LOL! How many times need you remind us "it's not what you trade, it's how you trade it?" So how can we forget how to trade? Listen, if you want to keep using my $17K loss against me, that's fine. But I was hired by my employer BECAUSE I know how to trade. I've even challenged you to a trading contest, but you declined. I even tried to get others envolved at a trading simulator to help others, but to no avail. So it's not a far stretch that I KNOW how to trade.

I lost that money b/c I aimlessly trusted what you said! So I trashed your filter and made my money back almost in one trading day. So no big deal right? You win some, you lose some!

But this forum is NOT to teach traders how to trade, it's to offer them SOMETHING to trade. Like you, I could spend days on end teaching people how to trade, but that's a whole different forum. But to make you feel better, I'll use this thread to tell people what to buy and when to buy it. That's how easy it will be using this filter and nothing else. Hows that sound? This way there WILL "be reference to my trading skills." Will you then stop saying "it's HOW you trade it?"

Oh, RSI(2}? Do I believe in it? Yes! But there's no reason for it now. It's nothing more than an obsolete X-RAY Machine. While it's clear that Bullpower/Bearpower is a high tech MRI component.

Take care Avery,

RIGGS

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41757
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
3/5/2006 9:16:47 AM

Riggs:

You're the one who keeps bringing up the $17,000 loss, not me. I merely responded.

When/where did you challenge me to a trading contest?

I didn't realize it was up to YOU to decide what this forum is about!

If anything, this forum is about making money via trading.

Of course, I could be mistaken.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · This Is The Last Filter You Will Ever Need Part III<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.