StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE MIGHTY RIGGS HAS DONE IT AGAIN PART I<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #43597
Ignore alf44
5/10/2006 1:17:15 AM

...and only an "I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E" would interpret what I said in my previous post...as meaning a "HOLD of 40 or 50 days" !

Apparently, the "I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E"...is Y-O-U !

But, hey...I think pretty much everyone here knows that already !!! LOL

Regards,

alf44

deejal
45 posts
msg #43604
Ignore deejal
5/10/2006 11:08:40 AM

Yes, they all hold up. They are really good filters.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43605
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/10/2006 11:23:05 AM

alf44 5/10/2006 1:17:15 AM

...and only an "I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E" would interpret what I said in my previous post...as meaning a "HOLD of 40 or 50 days" !

Apparently, the "I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E"...is Y-O-U !

But, hey...I think pretty much everyone here knows that already !!! LOL

Regards,

alf44

Oh really.....and by reading your ridicules post, how WERE we supposed to INTERPRET "what you said?" Same ole' alf44....hit n run....and pray it "holds" up. But when it doesn't...he gives you the ole...."if thats the way you interpret it, you're much more stupid than I gave you credit for."

Hey alf, everybody KNOWS what you meant...so stick your tail between your legs AGAIN and continue to scramble for the door without your lame excuses okay? Remember what happened the last time you mentioned "20,40,50?" I showed you a "20-day" with nothin' but "green", and you disappeared! Remember? So hit the road, and THINK before you type next time!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43607
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/10/2006 12:22:06 PM

Thank you "deejal." At least someone can see that this filter IS what I say it is. You heard of "rose colored glasses?" Well...here some wear "JEALOUS colored glasses." deejal...you'll learn to swat him(alf)like the flea that he is too.

- RIGGS -

deejal
45 posts
msg #43612
Ignore deejal
5/10/2006 4:10:24 PM

I teach in an urban highschool in Cincinnati. I am used to the bickering back and forth. Both of you sit down before you get expelled.

I am just trying to figure out the difference between the two filters because they produce such drastic and different restults. I am using the well oiled machine (THANKS... BMD would have brought a 13% gain... but I sold too early) that was originally posted. I just changed the close price for my fetch.

Riggs, TRO, and all the others... you all have some really good filters. We're lucky to have you around.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #43615
Ignore alf44
modified
5/10/2006 5:39:35 PM

"Hey alf, everybody KNOWS what you meant"...

------------------------

Yes !

Apparently EVERYONE BUT...Y-O-U !!!

I-M-B-E-C-I-L-E !!! lol

Reagards,

alf44

clam61
92 posts
msg #43643
Ignore clam61
5/11/2006 6:12:10 PM

riggs

when you say a stock is a winner vs a loser, what is your criteria?

i used your filter and two days later 3 of 5 went down 3 or more percent

clam61
92 posts
msg #43645
Ignore clam61
5/11/2006 6:21:25 PM

when you backtested, what is your exit and selection criteria?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43648
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/11/2006 9:43:30 PM

clam61
- Ignore clam61 5/11/2006 6:12:10 PM

riggs

when you say a stock is a winner vs a loser, what is your criteria?

i used your filter and two days later 3 of 5 went down 3 or more percent

Clam61 -

This is obviously an "entry" filter. You need to watch the overall market. NEVER enter a trade against the market. I have posted several times that you need to watch the daily "tick." you want to enter a trade only when the market is positive and the daily tick is at least +300. Your trades went down because the market has been down. Had you entered at the right time, and then saw that the market was "overbought" you would have exited with a 3-5% GAIN instead. These are only filters for buying opportunity's, you MUST know the overall market pulse. That's a whole OTHER forum. Sorry for your loss, but maybe this would be a good time to get to know how markets, industry groups, etc. work. It's not about the filters....it's about YOU knowing how and when to use them. If you can learn that..."the filters will never fail you."

- RIGGS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43649
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/11/2006 10:18:34 PM

clam61 -

Hey, let's work on this thing together for a spell. Tell me what you bought, and I'll show you what you should have done on what day etc...Also, tell me WHEN you bought, so we can get you back on the right track okay??? don't worry....together we'll turn those small losses ito HUGE gains in no time! ;)

- RIGGS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE MIGHTY RIGGS HAS DONE IT AGAIN PART I<< 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.