StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with filter: Weekly charts<< >>Post Follow-up
hrosas
27 posts
msg #139069
Ignore hrosas
11/4/2017 3:51:05 AM

Inadvertently, I posted this request on the general forum. I think it should be posted here on filters exchange.

"Friends:
Can any one, please help me code this filter?
I would like to get charts of any list of symbols, like the one I created on the following SYMLIST, as a sample.
I like to glance at the weekly candle, if any meet the criteria.
The purpose: at the end of the week before the options market closes, if I see a candle that is colored different (met the criteria) this week that is closing, I may want to buy a straddle or strangle in he money or next out of the money, hoping that the symbol will break up or down. I don't want to guess which way, but see if the move on the next 30-50 days is profitable on the call or put side.
When properly coded ( if could be done) I will post it public. In the months ahead i will trade it with real money (one contract to begin) and share the results.
It is not my idea but a trader here in Las Vegas does it with currencies ETF's. he coded his charts on TRADE-STATION. I don't have access to the code, but was selfless to give me the strategy rules.
I will appreciate your help.
Hugo "

SYMLIST(qqq,xle,xlv,xlk,xlf,xly,xli,xlp,xlb,xlk,xlu,xlre,spy,iwm,goog,aapl,fb,xbi,slv,gld,tsla)
[or any other list of symbols]

[show all symbols on the previous list but color the candle (any color other than green white or red) where the range (high of week - low of week) is less than half of the average 20-weekly range (previous 20-weeks). In other words the candle of any week that meets this requirement, the body is colored different]

chart-display is weekly
chart-time is 1 year

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #139979
Ignore fortyfour
12/10/2017 10:27:26 PM

SYMLIST(SPY)

chart-display is weekly
SET{X,cema(WEEKLY DAY RANGe,20)}

DRAW X

set{c, x/2}
add column x
add coluMN C

SET{HALF,Count(weekly day range below c,1)}
draw half

Hi,
I dont think you can have a different colored candle but you can indicate it at the bottom of your chart.
This should point you in the right direction.
The 'weekly day range' surprisingly seems to work .
I have used it before for other purposes.
GL.

Hope this helps.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with filter: Weekly charts<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.