StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · It's not working for me<< >>Post Follow-up
JonWelt1
2 posts
msg #32776
Ignore JonWelt1
8/5/2004 2:32:25 AM

I'm still new to this filter building and can't seem to get the stocks I want yet.

I'm trying to find mostly penny stocks that are trading sideways with highs 10% above their lows for a two or three week period. Up one day down the other then back up, but still staying in the same general price area.

For example I have bought one stock four times at .045 and sold it four times at .05 over a course of three weeks.

I currently trade several stocks like this and was hoping Stockfectcher would be able to help me with my search for more.

Can someone give me hand in creating a filter that could do this? I have attempted but have yet to be successful. I havn't once created a filter that had the stocks I was currently trading.

Thanks

cegis
235 posts
msg #32778
Ignore cegis
8/5/2004 9:50:02 AM

JonWelt1,

Please post some of your filter attempts, as well as some of the symbols that you know are "targets" (like the ones you're currently trading), so I (and others) may be able to help you figure out why the two don't cross paths.

If you put your filter(s) enclosed in "
Fetcher[" and "]

", SF will make them hot links that will run the filter when clicked. That helps us helpers a lot!

C

Way2Late
37 posts
msg #32943
Ignore Way2Late
8/23/2004 3:20:08 PM

Hi

Could you explain exactly what you're doing to make the hyperlink for clicking on the stocks to screen them from the fourm pages? Will it show up in the preview page if I do it right? I've tried various combinations of ", [, and couldn't get it to work.

Thanks

Rick

cegis
235 posts
msg #32949
Ignore cegis
8/24/2004 8:50:51 AM

Rick,

Sure. Simply put "Fetcher [" (with no spaces [I added one so this description doesn't become a hot link], use the square bracket, not parentheses "(" or brace "{") in front of your filter, and end it with "]" (again, square bracket). I'm not sure if "Fetcher" needs to be capitalized, but I always do it.

Yes, the preview pane WILL show the hot link. I use preview to test the link before every post.

Some limitations: SF will NOT make a hot link if you use special characters, such as "<" and ">". You need to spell out "is greater than", "is less than", "is equal to", etc. I've gotten in the habit of using the text on all of my filters, just in case I ever want to post one... There might be other restrictions with syntax, but I'm not aware of any others.

If you'd like to post an example of a filter that doesn't cause a hot link, maybe I'll be able to figure out what's going on.

HTH,

C

cegis
235 posts
msg #32951
Ignore cegis
8/24/2004 8:57:44 AM

Oh, yeah, dont use quotes around "Fetcher [" and "]". I put them in quotes to indicate exactly what should be typed.

And here's an example:

Fetcher[close between 3 and 4]

(SF adds the magnifying glass icon...)

HTH,

C

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · It's not working for me<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.