StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HISTOGRAM MAGIC!<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >>Post Follow-up
Jeffrey_Ferris
9 posts
msg #49197
Ignore Jeffrey_Ferris
1/12/2007 5:15:07 PM

Hi Riggs,

I'm having amazing success testing your Histogram Magic filter ! ...I programmed about 30 candlestick reversal patterns into eSignal which makes things easier when looking at likely candidates.

Tell me please, can you do a "reversal" of the Histogram Magic filter for shorting stocks? Does the magic still exist that way ???

Jeffrey!

Jeffrey -

Yes....it works even better for shorting stocks! When you see a negative triple divergence, that's when you will see an AVALANCHE of stocks caving in! Hey, and good for you in looking for those reversal candles....

- RIGGS -

Wow! ...that's exciting news that the DMA Magic "works in reverse" for shorting stocks !!! May I humbly ask you Sir Riggs to post "the reverse" of the DMA Magic filter so I don't accidentally miss something? Then I can really test that with 100% confidence and post my results, which I'm sure will be stellar :)

Best Regards,
Jeffrey!

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #49221
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
1/13/2007 2:37:23 AM

- DELETED BY THEMIGHTYRIGGS HIMSELF -

bloosteak
35 posts
msg #49231
Ignore bloosteak
modified
1/13/2007 7:53:36 PM

what is the significance in the macd fast line forming a ladle ABOVE 0?

Jeffrey_Ferris
9 posts
msg #49256
Ignore Jeffrey_Ferris
1/14/2007 10:53:55 PM

Wow! ...that's exciting news that the DMA Magic "works in reverse" for shorting stocks !!! May I humbly ask you Sir Riggs to post "the reverse" of the DMA Magic filter so I don't accidentally miss something? Then I can really test that with 100% confidence and post my results, which I'm sure will be stellar :)

Best Regards,
Jeffrey!

Jeffrey -

Settle down there pal....don't be hasty about shorting stocks! I refuse to post shorting filters any longer, because it brings on bad karma IMO. It's like putting on a Philadelphia Eagles jersey at a Giants game. In other words...you're looking for trouble! Listen...relax! When the market hits a 3-top MACD-H, there will be plenty of stocks to choose from. More than you'll need! Until then....let's talk about things like....STOCKS GOING UP! <wink>

- RIGGS -

Thanx Riggs...I'll keep it Karmically Correct :) ...I'm very interested in trying your "Accumulation Warm Pop-80" piece in eSignal and TRO wrote an eSignal EFS for that awhile back ("TRO Normalization") but it does come very close to matching StockFetcher's view. Would you happen to have an eSignal EFS file for your current "Accumulation Warm Pop-80" ??

Jeffrey!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49258
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/14/2007 11:13:46 PM

Jeffrey:

I think you are confusing things...

There is NO need to have a "WARM POP" for eSignal - that's the purpose StockFetcher.

Unless you want to watch ONE stock in real time, you really do not need the indicator.

The NORMALIZER I wrote for eSignal is what you would use. Just change the inputs to match "WARM POP".

HTH.

Jeffrey_Ferris
9 posts
msg #49272
Ignore Jeffrey_Ferris
1/15/2007 2:14:32 PM

Jeffrey:

I think you are confusing things... There is NO need to have a "WARM POP" for eSignal - that's the purpose StockFetcher.

Unless you want to watch ONE stock in real time, you really do not need the indicator. The NORMALIZER I wrote for eSignal is what you would use. Just change the inputs to match "WARM POP".

HTH.
_________

Thank you for your kind reply TRO and thanx for the link to all those wonderful filters you sent me. Actually, I DO VERY MUCH want to look at the stocks in real-time and I'd also like to look at Japanese and Indian stocks with eSignal. When I tried your indicator I set the parameters to:
percentR Periods = 7
RSI Periods =7
Momentum Periods = 7 (I'm wondering if that's CCI)

...and I set them that way to match the "Histogram Magic" Warm POP-80 that looks like this:

/* ACCUMULATION WARM POP-80 */
/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */
set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }
/* NORMALIZE RSI(7) */
set{rsval, INDPOSITION(RSI(7), 60) * 100}
/* NORMALIZE CCI(7) */
set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(7), 60) * 100 }
/* NORMALIZE williams %R(7) */
set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(7), 60) * 100 }

If you put SF on one side of your screen and eSignal on the other you see a HUGE difference.

Jeffrey!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49275
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
1/15/2007 5:57:39 PM

Of course there is a difference!!

I know you would think there shouldn't be but as I found out when I created the NORMALIZER display, the underlying data is different at each vendor.

I think it only takes 2 or 3 days after a new issue for the data at different vendors to be out of sync.

Try the indicators RAW on both systems and see if they match.

Also, the other situation is ONE PASS vs. TWO PASS....

If there is only ONE PASS over the data, then the HIGH and LOW are for the POINT IN TIME.

If there are TWO PASSES, then on PASS ONE, you determine the HIGH and LOW for the ENTIRE RANGE of the data, and on PASS TWO you calculate the normalized values.

What that means is in a ONE PASS system, a value of 90 could register as the high and plot at 100, but at a later time there may be a value of 95 that would also register as 100. In a TWO PASS system, the 90 would NOT be plotted at 100 but the 95 would be.

Unfortunately, the vendors do NOT give the programmers the power to do 2 passes especially in REAL TIME!!

I hope that clears things up.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #49558
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
1/25/2007 4:05:38 PM

- DELETED BY THEMIGHTYRIGGS HIMSELF -

jorjax3
13 posts
msg #49559
Ignore jorjax3
1/25/2007 4:55:58 PM

wallstreetgenius
can you take a look at GTEM. Histogram is turning back up on the third bump and macd has fanned out over o line is this a qualifier? Not sure how pinks play into the process.

Thanks

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49603
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/26/2007 5:53:24 PM

Glad you learned RSI(2) Divergence, it's like having a crystal ball.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HISTOGRAM MAGIC!<< 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.