StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DEADLY COMBO<< 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up
cunparis
71 posts
msg #64952
Ignore cunparis
7/13/2008 5:01:40 PM

TRO

I love the statistics and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Yesterday I spent a few hours studying the filter I think you called it stat scan, which ran the stats on open to high. I am serious I spent several hours just on this one filter. I learned a lot. But my final conclusion was that I could find a way to trade it. I'm not saying a way doesn't exit, I just couldn't see it. Knowing a stock goes up 0.50 80% of the time is good, but the problem is setting stops and reducing risk. Let's say the 0.50 is 1%. You can make 1% 80% of the time, but if you lose 8% the other 20% of the time it'll wipe you out.

I will spend more time thinking on your AAPL statistic approach, but if you have a comment about the above please let me know as it'll help me as well for analyzing other filters.

One thing is for sure, after spending a few hours on a filter, one really begins to understand your filters better and trading in general. It was very worthwhile even if I still haven't figured out a way to use it. :)

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #65258
Ignore 13th_floor
7/19/2008 8:50:36 PM

The dayrange/stocks for this weeks watches on the combo are incredible.
Best day trading opps I've seen yet
I am gonna rip the market next week. long/short,it's all there!

hfilty
16 posts
msg #65265
Ignore hfilty
7/20/2008 4:36:15 AM

thanks 13th, i have been papper trading for the last couple weeks using your strategies. man you are good. i m still learning day by day and i will get it though. thanks again. newbie

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #65268
Ignore 13th_floor
7/20/2008 8:51:31 AM

hfilty,
thank you.

if you get a chance some evening ,drop in the chat,we've been holding discussions on how a few of us are trading this method and doing pretty well.

hfilty
16 posts
msg #65285
Ignore hfilty
7/20/2008 9:03:22 PM

yes sir i will. thanks again

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65298
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
7/21/2008 12:49:29 AM

cunparis
- Ignore cunparis 7/13/2008 5:01:40 PM

TRO

I love the statistics and it makes a lot of sense to me.

Yesterday I spent a few hours studying the filter I think you called it stat scan, which ran the stats on open to high. I am serious I spent several hours just on this one filter. I learned a lot. But my final conclusion was that I could find a way to trade it. I'm not saying a way doesn't exit, I just couldn't see it. Knowing a stock goes up 0.50 80% of the time is good, but the problem is setting stops and reducing risk. Let's say the 0.50 is 1%. You can make 1% 80% of the time, but if you lose 8% the other 20% of the time it'll wipe you out.

I will spend more time thinking on your AAPL statistic approach, but if you have a comment about the above please let me know as it'll help me as well for analyzing other filters.

One thing is for sure, after spending a few hours on a filter, one really begins to understand your filters better and trading in general. It was very worthwhile even if I still haven't figured out a way to use it. :)

========================================================

"But my final conclusion was that I could find a way to trade it. "

See, that is why I say:

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT"

Simplest way to trade RFR stocks is to use Muddy's WAIT FOR GREEN entry strategy.

You can also use my RFR TRAVEL GUIDE to see where the drop should hit and where the bounce should be.

You can also use part of my BLACK BELT TRADING STRATEGY... if the previous day's close crosses and closes above the ema(5), you should be clear for takeoff.

That should be enough to get you started.

johnnyvento
51 posts
msg #66780
Ignore johnnyvento
8/29/2008 12:32:37 AM

Just felt like bumping this thread...

13th taught me everything I know about trading, not that I know that much. Newcomers to SF should learn about him and his methods.

Go to greenonthescreen.blogspot.com and read the important posts (read the whole blog too when you have time).

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66802
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/29/2008 4:01:25 PM

"HIS METHODS"?

Try MUDDY'S METHODS!!

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #66808
Ignore 13th_floor
8/29/2008 6:23:34 PM

"HIS METHODS"?

Try MUDDY'S METHODS!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yup agree 110%.
Muddy taught me all I know,one on one for weeks.
I've said this over and over,it's his stuff not mine.

Right from this article:

I’m 48, worked as a machinist for the last 14 years, got laid off before
the start of 2008. When I got laid off from my job, I contacted my old
friend Muddy........He said he’d be glad to (help) and his stuff absolutely turned my trading
around to where I am today.

10. What are you going to do with your winnings, besides pay a
shitload of taxes?

my answer:
Probably buy another house and since Mud turned my trading around
and he is such an animal lover, I donate fairly heavy to the 4 animal
shelters around my way.

"fairly heavy" is right!
Ask Mud,he'll tell you.
I give back!

http://www.timothysykes.com/timsykes/2008/06/24/pennystocking-profile-mike-the-machinist-up-300000-over-the-past-5-months/

Also here on this post on HIS blog of all the stuff I look for:
http://greenonthescreen.blogspot.com/2008/06/im-gonna-try.html

"I'M GONNA TRY
to put everything that I do to prepare for the next trading day, the scans I run and the different styles I use to chose stocks to trade both long and short.
No doubt I will forget a few things and will update this post as I remember different things.
I'm gonna try to get it all in this 1 post because the last month I've been asked by quite a few a bunch of questions regarding my trading style.
Please note that very few of these ideas are mine.
Most have come from Muddy and his blog.
It took me many months but I think I'm on the track for a very bright trading future, thanks to him."

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66809
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/29/2008 9:41:23 PM

"I was given a scan by another which shows the number of times a stock
has run 10 to 19% in the last 100 days. Coupled with Mud’s suggestion
to add ADR(30) to that scan and using the scrolling Scottrade hod
list it adds up to some fun times."

Now I wonder who ANOTHER is?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DEADLY COMBO<< 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.