StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: yepher (353 messages) ·  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 >> 
Filter Exchange · Bollinger Squeeze
yepher
msg #31691
4/11/2004 7:24:12 PM

Repost of same filter to see if I can get it clickable and still have multiple lines.

Here is anoter variation of th same filter. Sorts by the most compressed

Filter[_
set{top,upper bollinger(20)}_
set{bottom, lower bollinger(20)}_
set{squeeze, top - bottom / ma(20)}_
AND squeeze reached a new 6 month low_
AND close near upper bollinger(20)_
AND price between 1 and 10_
_
AND add column squeeze_
AND sort by column 5 ascending_
AND chart-time 68]

yepher
msg #31690
4/11/2004 7:19:48 PM

Here is anoter variation of th same filter. Sorts by the most compressed

Filter[
set{top,upper bollinger(20)}
set{bottom, lower bollinger(20)}
set{squeeze, top - bottom / ma(20)}

AND squeeze reached a new 6 month low
AND close near upper bollinger(20)
AND price between 1 and 10

AND add column squeeze
AND sort by column 5 ascending
AND chart-time 68
]

yepher
msg #31689
4/11/2004 7:05:33 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted.

I have been reading Bollinger on Bollinger Bands and thought I would share the filter that is based on the formula he provides. This will give you the stocks whose bollinger bands have reached a new low compression level of the past 6 months. (Side note: I generally don;t like using the set command because to me it makes the filter harder to read but I think in this case it simplifys the filter)

Fetcher[set{top,upper bollinger(20)} set{bottom, lower bollinger(20)} set{squeeze, top - bottom / ma(20)} AND squeeze reached a new 6 month low]

If anyone has any suggestions on improving it I would love to hear about it.

-- Yepher

General Discussion · filter description and charts help
yepher
msg #31687
4/11/2004 5:09:49 PM

Sinha

1. Is there a way to hide current data from the chart while backtesting a filter?
- I am not aware of a way to hide the data from the chart. One thing you might try is drag the browser window half way off the screen to the right. This is a less then optimium solution but it might accomplish what you need.

2. Is it possible to plot earnings date in the charts?
- I don't believe there is any way to plot earnings date.

3. After creating a filter is there some way to access the description one writes while creating it?
- You can alway go back and edit the filter which will contain what ever you had entered.

-- Chris

General Discussion · Finding Gaps in Date Range
yepher
msg #31678
4/10/2004 6:58:41 PM

Here is a little more elegant way to do it that does not require the cumbersome copy and paste and it probably the more correct solution:

Fetcher[close-to-open gap is above 0 in the last 10 days]

General Discussion · can't get filter to work correctly
yepher
msg #31677
4/10/2004 6:51:26 PM

I think this will give you the results you want:

Fetcher[close crossed above EMA(25) in the last 3 days]

You could add something about being below EMA(25) x days ago if you want to be a little more precise.

Of course gritting your teeth together while you run it helps also :)

-- Chris

yepher
msg #31674
4/10/2004 1:45:08 PM

Oops, sorry for the late post.. I did not see you had already got the reply DOH!!!

yepher
msg #31673
4/10/2004 1:43:24 PM

On possibility is do something as simple as this and use offset to look back:

{ open > close 1 day ago and close > open }

Of course another way is to fill copy and paste this several times in to the same filter and use the days ago to create the range you want. I am sure there is a much more elegant way to do it but this would also work:

{ open 5 days ago > close 6 days ago and close 5 days ago > open 5 days ago
OR open 6 days ago > close 7 days ago and close 6 days ago > open 6 days ago }

I will leave the rest to you to copy and paste.

General Discussion · Colorize your Filters
yepher
msg #31671
4/10/2004 12:38:20 PM

Sorry if this has been posted in the past. I did a search and did not turn anything up.

I have been getting confused which filters of mine are long or short. I have found a "trick" that is useful to help at a glance. Beware befor you proceed there is an unfotunate side effect of this. If you go to rename your your filter again the name is all messed up (I hope support reads this and fixes it). It is permantly stuck like this for ever more so pick a good name :)

I now name all my filters with the following prefix (the font color html tags to the name:

<pre>
Longs:
<font color="#006400">(LONG)</font>

Short:
<font color="#DC143C">(LONG)</font>

</pre>

General Discussion · Metastock and Stockfetcher
yepher
msg #31567
3/30/2004 10:55:14 PM

EWZuber

Yes, If I understand you correctly Metastock 9.0 can set alerts when a trendline is violated. And you can chain several of these together.

Unfortunetly it take a long time to scan the market in Metastock looking for stock that meet the criterea that is why I like Stockfetcher because of how fast it can return results and how easy it is to write the scan. But I wish I could take that same scan and plug it directly into Metastock to do my back testing.

-- Chris

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus