StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: yepher (353 messages) ·  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 36 >> 
General Discussion · Colorize your Filters
yepher
msg #31912
4/28/2004 4:31:56 PM

I have found that the proper way to do this color is the following:

<FONT COLOR=#00FFFF>(LONG)</font> Your Filter's Name here

The quotes in the previous post was causing the rename problem.

Filter Exchange · Anyone Do Fractal Analysis Filters?
yepher
msg #31910
4/28/2004 4:12:46 PM

Has anyone tried to write a filter that looks for fractal type occurrences? An example of what I mean by this is that the yearly chart shows a double bottom and the monthly chart shows a double bottom and the daily charts show a double bottom (or any other pattern for that matter).

If you have such experience would you mind sharing a filter that demonstrates how to achieve such a result. My point to this question is I am looking for a way to identify when the Long term, Mid Term, and Short terms cycles all peak or trough at the same time which should be a periodic occurrence.

Filter Exchange · Bollinger Percent B
yepher
msg #31892
4/27/2004 11:45:48 AM

I could not find a way to get %B from stock fetcher (I may have over looked it) so here is a version that I have come up with that uses Bollingers preffered method of "Typical Price" rather than the usual close price:

Fetcher[
set{sumRange, high + low}
set{sumRange2, sumRange + close}
set{typicalPrice, sumRange2 / 3}

set{b1, typicalPrice - upper bollinger(20)}
set{b2, upper bollinger(20) - lower bollinger(20)}
set{prctB, b1 / b2}

prctB is above 0
AND add column trueVal
AND add column prctB
AND draw prctB
]

Does anyone know how to calculate multiple values in a single set method? I would like to do something like "set{TP, (close + high + low) / 3}"...

Did I miss the stock fetcher version of %B?

General Discussion · Need help creating a filter...
yepher
msg #31891
4/27/2004 9:41:54 AM

Here are a few other ideas that may get what you are looking for:

The AND reached 6 day low maybe redundant but I do get different results

Fetcher[
day range has been decreasing for the past 6 days
AND day range has reached a 6 day low
]

Or if you are not worried that each and every day is decreasing you could do something like this. I like this one because it gives you a nice oscillator graph to refer to when you look at the graph. Linear Regression may yeild better results but I expect that the real value of this would be to analyze the divergence or the resulting oscilator.

Fetcher[
5 day slope of CMA(Day Range, 3) is below 0
]

Good Luck

General Discussion · Need help creating a filter...
yepher
msg #31889
4/27/2004 9:28:49 AM

One possibilty is to use the user defined pattern:

http://stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=candle

Filter Exchange · trending up or down or a stoke price
yepher
msg #31881
4/26/2004 2:17:56 PM

I am not sure what you are really trying to get to but, here are other possible approaches to the problem. Each having it's own short commings and strengths.

I expect that the answer you are really looking for would use the slope of an EMA or MA over some period of time. In my opinion different techniques apply to determining a 5 day trends when compared to month or year long trends. You may also consider using some of the Volume weighted measures to help get the stocks you are looking for.

This would be a very broad definition of a trending stock:

Maybe combine this with ADX to get what you want
Fetcher[
ma(10) has been increasing for the past 5 days
]

or

Fetcher[
LRS(45) is above 0
]

or

Here is a very narrow definition of a trending stock with upward direction built in:

Fetcher[
price has been increasing for the past 10 days
]

I hope this helps.

General Discussion · need help with a filter
yepher
msg #31802
4/19/2004 5:49:58 PM

Try this:

Fetcher[
5 day slope of the CMF(14) above 0
AND ADX(10) is below 20
AND day range is below 1% for the last 10 days
]

or this is a little tighter:

Fetcher[
CMF(14) has been increasing for 10 days
AND ADX(10) is below 20
AND day range is below 1% for the last 10 days
]

General Discussion · Fetcher Editor
yepher
msg #31772
4/16/2004 9:17:15 AM

All,

I have a very simple editor that should help with creating your filters. It will do syntax highlighting so you can see which words actually have some signicance and which ones are just filler to make it more readable.

You can download it from here:
http://yepher.com/~yepher/stockFetcher.zip

Once you unzip it you will find a directory that contains a readme file that will describe how to run it.

I included the source code as well so you can change it however you see fit.

There is no save button or file button. You will have to copy your filter to and from the editor. I hear StockFetcher may release an API that allows us to intereact programatically with it so maybe this can be the biginning of an open source platform independant tool to manage Stock Fetcher Filters.

-- Chris

Filter Exchange · Bollinger Squeeze
yepher
msg #31771
4/15/2004 9:48:17 PM

txtrapper,

Thanks for your continued interest, you are right bollinger width can not be at a low and price be at a high unless the stock is heavily trending up with very limited volatility (which is probably a good thing for longer term and more conservative traders).

But that is not what I was going for. My intent was that the stock was in a squeeze some period of time ago and then the price broke out after that. That is why I used the "days ago" clause. As you know with sufficient price breakout the bollinger slope will turn almost straight up and down to satify the criteria.

With that said this filter does not seem to produce the kind of stocks that satisfies my particular style. But I am getting more intrigued by the adaptibility of the bollinger bands. It is nice that John Bollinger was able to take such a simple idea and apply it this way.

Muddy,

I will continue my playing around with the bollinger bands. Thanks for the Luck and yes it did help.

-- Yepher

Filter Exchange · Bollinger Squeeze
yepher
msg #31768
4/15/2004 8:38:13 PM

Sorry,

This is an up date to the previous post. I did a bad job on that filter. I hope this is a little better:

Fetcher[
bollinger(20) width has reached a 6 month low in the last 30 days
AND VROC(30) has reached a new 30 high in the last 5 days
AND price reached a new 6 month high in the last 1 days
]

I am not sure how to find the volume on the previous up day to see if it is higher than normal.

BTW, thanks for the input wallman.

-- Chris

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 36 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus