StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (548 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 >> 
Filter Exchange · WILDCARD FILTER!
txtrapper
msg #28279
9/2/2003 6:54:00 PM

I think Rump likes my filter. I found that RSI(2) < 40 in combination with OBV work better than RSI(2) <10 alone. So I wrote the Wildcard Filter.

As far as I know, SF is a site for members to write and modify filters to their own liking, and nobody owns any of the indicators, The Relative Strength Index (RSI) is a rate of change oscillator developed by J. Welles Wilder, Jr.

txtrapper
msg #28278
9/2/2003 6:25:40 PM

TheRump took the WILDCARD FILTER that I wrote and posted on 9/2/2003 at 11:50:10AM Eastern Time, and tweaked it his way below;

Fetcher[RSI(2) below 10 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

"Thanks for the tweak Rump", but I like it better the way I wrote it< 40,
pulls up better stocks, see for yourself.

txtrapper

Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!
txtrapper
msg #28272
9/2/2003 4:54:39 PM

Well it's over and everyone is still standing! If each of you want to exhibit your final stock prices after the close that's fine. But due to different rules, and some starting at different times, some displaying more than three stocks, no winner is to be announced by this member. We all know how we did with own picks, so let your ego savor your own success. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28271
9/2/2003 4:54:15 PM

Well it's over and everyone is still standing! If each of you want to exhibit your final stock prices after the close that's fine. But due to different rules, and some starting at different times, some displaying more than three stocks, no winner is to be announced by this member. We all know how we did with own picks, so let your ego savor your own success. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28261
9/2/2003 1:57:07 PM

Beside Joe G. being a "No Show Joe", EWZuber is leading right now, showing us how to pick winners.
Rump is up, Tx is up, jprowe is a late horse getting out of the gate but may still win the race, dprz, he's moving out too.

This is all in fun guys, we all learned who will "throw down or go down" here. I don's expect we will hear from Joe G. anymore. I am inspired by EWZuber's picks, they don't fit the muddy filter, the HolyGrail Filter, they are his original picks that don't fit the mold. I checked them out on the charts, and was surprised they went up so much. Well it's not over till "The Fat Lady Sings". So good luck to all,

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28260
9/2/2003 1:02:03 PM

Beside Joe G. being a "No Show Joe", EWZuber is leading right now, showing us how to pick winners.
Rump is up, Tx is up, jprowe is a late horse getting out of the gate but may still win the race, dprz, he's moving out too.

This is all in fun guys, we all learned who will "throw down or go down" here. I don's expect we will hear from Joe G. anymore. I am inspired by EWZuber's picks, they don't fit the muddy filter, the HolyGrail Filter, they are his original picks that don't fit the mold. I checked them out on the charts, and was surprised they went up so much. Well it's not over till "The Fat Lady Sings". So good luck to all,

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28257
9/2/2003 11:59:19 AM

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

Just run this filter and see for yourself. I use the OBV movement as a confirmation to the RSI(2)bottom for some interesting picks...

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28256
9/2/2003 11:50:24 AM

WILDCARD FILTER...

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

Rump this filter is getting higher hits than the RSI(2)< 10

I believe it's because it gives the RSI(2) a chance to tell you what it's going to do next (flatline,go down,or move up), when the OBV first starts increasing and RSI(2) is just off bottom, that my confirmation, and that's when these stocks seem to explode, that's when this filter shines. Look at today's scan....MUSE +.40... DFIB...+.14...BE +.35. As grandma used to say, "son, the proof is in the pudding".

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28255
9/2/2003 11:50:10 AM

WILDCARD FILTER...

Rump this filter is getting higher hits than the RSI(2)< 10

I believe it's because it gives the RSI(2) a chance to tell you what it's going to do next (flatline,go down,or move up), when the OBV first starts increasing and RSI(2) is just off bottom, that my confirmation, and that's when these stocks seem to explode, that's when this filter shines. Look at today's scan....MUSE +.40... DFIB...+.14...BE +.35. As grandma used to say, "son, the proof is in the pudding".

txtrapper

txtrapper
msg #28253
9/2/2003 9:31:29 AM

Well the game hasn't started until the bell but ok, have it your way Rump and Zuber too!

We will be a little flexible and have fun here today. I agree a prudent trader would sell at the high and I think Zuber would agree, so be it.

Rule 2)So you must use Close - Open AND my High - Open & Close - Low to judge.

Fair is fair.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 55 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.