StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (293 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 >> 
General Discussion · Trade-Ideas
stocktrader
msg #39883
1/3/2006 12:27:15 AM

I have Trade-Ideas (non-web based) for free via my broker. After spending considerable time playing with it (backtesting and real-time) I've also determined that it is almost useless. Most times it triggers after it is too late to get in (day trade). What I do use it for is catching > 1 million share big money block trades. Although TI is real-time and can be useful with the right circumstances, I prefer StockFetcher and the real-time human brain. I'd encourage others to take a look at TI as maybe there is a good use for it that I've overlooked.

General Discussion · Intraday data?
stocktrader
msg #39737
12/22/2005 8:46:11 PM

http://www.trade-ideas.com/

Filter Exchange · Bollinger Band of RSI
stocktrader
msg #38430
10/12/2005 10:49:10 PM

Mike is probably interested as it relates to the November 2005 issue of Active Trader Magazine (http://www.activetradermag.com/toc.htm). An article by Jose Cruset of Wealth-Lab on page 40 titled "Adaptive RSI System". The article shows that by using dynamic thresholds (Bollinger Bands) around the RSI, rather than fixed ones, one can achieve much better success. Backtesting results are included in the article.

I too am interested and have not been able to get SF to do it. I've placed Bollinger bands around the RSI within my trading system but it does not scale properly.

The article uses RSI(14) with Bollinger(100,2)
When the RSI crosses the LBB it is a buy signal. RSI crossing UBB is sell signal.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this from anyone?

Thanks.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus