StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: risjr (162 messages) ·  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >> 
General Discussion · What is the best book for TA?
risjr
msg #27149
7/2/2003 11:43:39 AM

Also try www.incrediblecharts.com. Its a great site for the basics of trading of all kinds, definitions etc, and advanced trading

Ron

Filter Exchange · Holy Grail
risjr
msg #27087
6/26/2003 12:34:26 PM

I don't know why a high number of people are slamming Holy Grail? I, for one, have back tested his 30 day filter, and it is probably the best filter to date for a bull market. It produces a high number of returns, with a high percentage as well.

These filters are extremely volatile, but with tight stops, and close monitoring of the 30 minute and one hour bars at prophet.net, I've done over 30% over the last 3 weeks. Until the bear reared it's ugly head! I think he has contributed immensely to this board. I don't see awhole lot of other people volunteering information. Muddy, and a few others, along with the SF staff have been most helpful!

I'm working with the BB's, and trying to develop my own filters. But I'll ask Holy Grail, I've tryed reversing your filter to 98 like you said, but have not been getting your the BIG RED NUMBERS I know you can produce! Your help is appreciated by us new guys!

You have your supportors Holy Grail! Alot of people here do appreciate your input! I'm one of them!

Let's encourage folks, not attack!!

Good Trading

Ron

Filter Exchange · Holy Grail
risjr
msg #27086
6/26/2003 12:14:51 PM

I don't know why a high number of people are slamming Holy Grail? I, for one, have back tested his 30 day filter, and it is probably the best filter to date for a bull market. It produces a high number of returns, with a high percentage as well.

These filters are extremely volatile, but with tight stops, and close monitoring of the 30 minute and one hour bars at prophet.net, I've done over 30% over the last 3 weeks. Until the bear reared it's ugly head! I think he has contributed immensely to this board. I don't see awhole lot of other people volunteering information. Muddy, and a few others, along with the SF staff have been most helpful!

I'm working with the BB's, and trying to develop my own filters. But I'll ask Holy Grail, I've tryed reversing your filter to 98 like you said, but have not been getting your the BIG RED NUMBERS I know you can produce! Your help is appreciated by us new guys!

You have your supportors Holy Grail! Alot of people here do appreciate your input! I'm one of them!

Let's encourage folks, not attack!!

Good Trading

Ron

Filter Exchange · best 1 month filter is and if you backtest it you will be amazed
risjr
msg #27041
6/24/2003 10:22:56 AM

This filter back tests dynamite in a bull market. It's great! Once more, it is excellent beyond 30 days as well. Many with triple digits in 60 days or less!And it has a large percentage of big gainers, not just a few!

Yo Holy Grail
What is your best filter in a bear market? Looks like this coud be a vicious one
Thanx

Ron

Filter Exchange · you can reverse my 1 month system to go short by
risjr
msg #27023
6/23/2003 3:14:50 PM

Hi Holy Grail

I tryed changing the rsi(2) to 98, but did not get any red. I need some additional details.

Any help you can give is grealy appreciated, since we're probably started a bit of a correction. Or, we mite be going back to the bear as well!

Thanx

Ron

General Discussion · the worlds best intraday setup is
risjr
msg #27015
6/23/2003 12:07:31 AM

Your correct Holy Grail

Your monthly system is dynamite

Could you please clarify your intraday trading system?

Thnx

Ron

General Discussion · the worlds best intraday setup is
risjr
msg #27011
6/22/2003 10:43:58 PM

Sounds great Holy Grail

But how do you get your intraday data, and is it at prophet.net, or ?, and what is your filter for initial screening

Thanks in advance

Ron

General Discussion · What is a good filter and how do we decide?
risjr
msg #26719
6/3/2003 1:28:35 PM

I doubt if there is any one filter, or "Holy Grail", that works all the time. I usually set my stop losses at about 8-10%, and watch the hourly bars. And have done quite well, with many of the filters.

If anyone can be of further help, please let's discuss it

General Discussion · low budget trading
risjr
msg #26705
6/2/2003 3:58:14 PM

Hi Noah,

This is a great filter, with some fantastic results. But it can be very volatile! Do have have any stop loss limits on your orders? If so, at what percent etc. Your idea of a self built mutual fund is great, and has worked very well too. Could you include more detail on the money management factor, to minimize losses.

Thanks in advance

Ron

General Discussion · Date Offsets??
risjr
msg #26629
5/27/2003 3:37:53 PM

What are date offsets, how do you use them, screening, backtesting. Please expalins. I'm new to this board. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus