StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (19 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 >> 
Filter Exchange · Fast%K Reversal
d27283
msg #64071
6/19/2008 10:01:43 PM

I'm looking for a scan the was referenced on GOS in a Muddy post it's Fast%K Reversal. Also any info I may need to trade it. Muddy does a good job explaining it in the posting.

General Discussion · daytrading
d27283
msg #63970
6/18/2008 10:18:30 PM

If you just start reading posts and threads it will start to come together for you, that's kind of where I'm at. When you have specific questions this community is really very helpful and it seems they are happy to share. I'm still settling on a stratagy that suits my needs so I can't offer any advice except to keep reading and remain open to all. Good Luck!

General Discussion · I trade just one stock, TRO-style
d27283
msg #63817
6/16/2008 7:36:15 PM

Hi 13th,

I've been collecting filters and copying them to "my filters". What I would like to do, and based on what you've said, is to delete all but one of the early versions (#3?) and get with you to help me sort through it. I found the blog "greenonthescreen' but if it alright with you I think email is better, you see I'm likely to ask a lot of dumb questions and would rather not announce my ignorance publicly. I will of course (use a public forum) if it will help others to learn along with me.

d27283
msg #63750
6/15/2008 11:24:41 PM

I can't answer for 13th but I took the comments to mean that there are a lot of entries and information outside of and beyond what I might need to learn to trade RFR.

d27283
msg #63746
6/15/2008 10:58:28 PM

Hi 13th,
I would be pleased beyond belief to receive instruction in any venue that you see fit. I do have to go to work from 5:30 to 2:00 San Diego time, but I wonder if using my phone/internet connection to place the orders might work? I have placed a trade that way but I don’t know about charting. Once again I am really impressed with the sense of community at SF; you’ve all been great.

d27283
msg #63736
modified
6/15/2008 7:19:10 PM

At this point “the squigglies”is all I know; squigglies and a couple candle patterns. That’s why I’m here and why I love the input from my new friends with SF. I don’t know how the loss aversion assessment was formed but it is none-the-less accurate. Now, how to overcome? I have read your suggested and I’ll look at them again, thanks. D27283 is my employee ID. I hope to someday develop skills to the point where I will deserve a slick trading based pseudonym. I do want do find a system, understand it, and make money.

TRO: How to research all you’ve posted on RFR? An index would be nice. I don’t want to become a hassle with all the questions you’re sure to have answered for others.

edit: Dah....Do you suppose that if I read the RFR thread in the Filter Exchange forum I could learn to trade it?

d27283
msg #63693
6/14/2008 10:37:33 PM

The key word being "success". Based on my stated mission success would be making a profit, maybe at some point enough so I don't have to punch the clock at the hellhole where I work. Well maybe it's not that bad but still.....try substituting the word success with satisfied. At the point where I am now (just starting and with limited funds) I'll take any wins that I can get while hopefully taking away some lessons learned. Thanks again to all at and with stockfetcher. I am really having fun with this.

d27283
msg #63682
6/14/2008 4:48:14 PM

I don't care what other people do beyond learning from their experience. My goal is to develop an understanding to the point where I can trade for profit. One of my hang-ups (I'm sure there are many) might be some weird ego thing that wants any success that I enjoy to be earned by discoveries made be myself. I do attempt to rise above. Here's an example: In my limited exposure to charting I found the crossing averages strategy. If running with Forest is something that I can learn, then I need to let MAx's go. Remember my mission statement is" trade for profit"
I'll do some math and get back on this thread. Some things that I'm attempting to understand are: after dividing my 500 in three (cash account) how much gain do I need to pay for the trip ($14) and still have something to begin to compound?
The people involved in these discussion forums are really nice, thanks.

General Discussion · JOKES
d27283
msg #63673
6/14/2008 12:41:09 PM

Q: What do you do with an elephant with three balls?

A: Walk him; pitch to the rhino.

d27283
msg #63672
6/14/2008 12:31:13 PM

Awesome, now to find my kid's piggy banks. I'm half way there.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus