StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (204 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >> 
General Discussion · ConnorsRSI
compound_gains
msg #111892
2/28/2013 4:19:50 PM

Well, I liked your entry point today better so I took a flyer @ $6.25. An early morning pop from $6.36 would be appreciated!

compound_gains
msg #111882
2/28/2013 3:14:18 PM

NVGN...
If I'm correct, NVGN also triggered on the 26th along with several others? Would you have passed on that entry?

General Discussion · how to
compound_gains
msg #111388
2/14/2013 1:15:37 PM

Fetcher[

/*3% of last day close <= atr(14)*/

set{3pct, close 1 day ago * .03}
add column 3pct
3pct <= atr(14)
add column atr(14) {atr14}

/*You have to add whatever price, volume, etc. criteria you want and column sort.*/
]

compound_gains
msg #110925
2/4/2013 8:49:15 AM

That being said, I think you'll find if you back check that "medical - biomedical" stocks account for a lot of the entries with this filter...it's simply their volatility...so you've changed the whole system if you exclude them.

====================================================================================

I was wrong about the prevalence of Medical - Biomedical stocks in the population of stocks triggered by the system that's being used here. In 2012 there were some 378 stocks triggered using the set-up on page 19 (msg #110375) and a trigger where the next day's low is 6% or more below the previous day's close. Among these, 15% (n=56) were in the broad Medical sector and only 10% (n=38) were in the industry Medical - Biomedical. If someone was interested enough you could go back and generate a reasonable estimate of what the return would have been on those 38 Medical - Biomedical stocks, or any other industry for that matter.

compound_gains
msg #110896
modified
2/2/2013 9:01:22 AM

I think you'll find that there is no simple way to exclude "medical - biomedical" as an industry and the workarounds (industry counts, industry number counts, etc.) don't seem to work with "medical - biomedical." But you already have the easiest solution. In Kevin's filter he has "add column industry." You're only dealing with a handful of stocks so if you see a stock in an industry you don't like, just skip it.

That being said, I think you'll find if you back check that "medical - biomedical" stocks account for a lot of the entries with this filter...it's simply their volatility...so you've changed the whole system if you exclude them.

compound_gains
msg #109903
1/7/2013 9:01:20 AM

Whatever. Thanks for the original scripting. Bye.

compound_gains
msg #109901
1/7/2013 8:04:58 AM

ZeroSum:
As you can see from a previous post, I'm trying a variation of the screen on this thread. Nonetheless, when there is a trigger I'm using a 15-minute chart to try and get the best entry (as close to low of day as possible). Once I'm in the trade I'm not using intraday charts. The current trade management criteria I'm using are:
a) Mental stop loss of 10% (I increased that from 8% in December).
b) If it crosses +10% gain and then drops back below +10% I'm out (added this for January).
c) Sell at a 15% gain.
d) Sell near close of next day if a), b) or c) above don't hit.
Instead of b) or c), I should probably try a 2% trailing stop once a trade crosses +10%, but that's hard to test the way I've been back-testing so that's an exercise for another time.

What I'm doing is not in line with the automated trading theme behind the original thread here. Also, I only put $5,000 on the line to test this so I only do one trade at a time, all in, and it's usually the first stock to trigger on a trade day.

compound_gains
msg #109895
1/6/2013 9:19:26 PM

But then maybe I misunderstood "gap up." I'm trading a 1-day hold (sell by the end of the next day) and had good results in December.

compound_gains
msg #109893
1/6/2013 8:33:58 PM

ZeroSum:
I've played with and done back-testing on a next day gap up, but IMO the risk/reward isn't worth it. I think there's the potential for good coin in the basic screen, but it's a different set-up than a next day gap up.

compound_gains
msg #109756
1/1/2013 3:22:21 PM

This script shows what the candidates would have been for any given day and what, if any, triggers there were.
Fetcher[
not otcbb
not etf

close 1 day ago between 1 and 10

close 1 day ago below day position(0.2,1) 1 day ago
volume 1 day ago above 1000000
adx(5) 1 day ago above 40
set{cnt, count(low more than 9.9% below close 1 day ago,1)}
add column cnt

sort column 5 descending

set{lw1, low - close 1 day ago}
set{lw2, lw1 / close 1 day ago}
set{lw, lw2 * 100}
add column lw
]

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2021 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.