StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (188 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >> 
General Discussion · TO STOCKFETCHER....If it was not broken...
compound_gains
msg #113969
6/7/2013 4:12:42 PM

Kudos for having the interest in improving page looks. That being said, I agree with all of the comments re: seeing what the days offset is and being able to simply click on previous/next to advance a screen.

General Discussion · Intraday Alerts
compound_gains
msg #113917
6/5/2013 8:19:02 PM

Hmmm...I'm thinking we're past optimism?

Filter Exchange · Would someone run this for me?
compound_gains
msg #113912
6/5/2013 12:27:22 PM

Fetcher[symlist (DBC,DBA,EWZ,GLD,ILF,SHV,IEV,EPP,IWM,EWJ,SPY,EZA,EWM)
etf
price above 15
volume above 200000

set{a, price / price 50 days ago}
set {b, price 50 days ago / price 225 days ago}
set {c, log(a) * 5.04}
set {d, log(b) * 1.44}}
set {e, c + d}
set {f, e * 100}

f above f 5 days ago
add column f
draw f
]

Filter Exchange · NEW SYSTEM WITH INTEGRATED 5% STOP LOSS
compound_gains
msg #112273
3/16/2013 12:41:26 PM

I don't think this is representative of forward trading, since the system was tested against the past 13 years and hit amazingly well. I am considering this a rough patch right now, which just happens to be right out of the gate...

======================================================

I've been trading a variation of Kevin's original filter. December and January were very impressive; February was very modest and March so far has been a lost cause...no decent entries and breakeven or small losses on the ones I have entered. IMO there is something flaky about the market right now. My hunch is that when the overall market is strong these types of filters don't work so well for some reason? Probably we need some correction and volatility??

General Discussion · ConnorsRSI
compound_gains
msg #111892
2/28/2013 4:19:50 PM

Well, I liked your entry point today better so I took a flyer @ $6.25. An early morning pop from $6.36 would be appreciated!

compound_gains
msg #111882
2/28/2013 3:14:18 PM

NVGN...
If I'm correct, NVGN also triggered on the 26th along with several others? Would you have passed on that entry?

General Discussion · how to
compound_gains
msg #111388
2/14/2013 1:15:37 PM

Fetcher[

/*3% of last day close <= atr(14)*/

set{3pct, close 1 day ago * .03}
add column 3pct
3pct <= atr(14)
add column atr(14) {atr14}

/*You have to add whatever price, volume, etc. criteria you want and column sort.*/
]

compound_gains
msg #110925
2/4/2013 8:49:15 AM

That being said, I think you'll find if you back check that "medical - biomedical" stocks account for a lot of the entries with this filter...it's simply their volatility...so you've changed the whole system if you exclude them.

====================================================================================

I was wrong about the prevalence of Medical - Biomedical stocks in the population of stocks triggered by the system that's being used here. In 2012 there were some 378 stocks triggered using the set-up on page 19 (msg #110375) and a trigger where the next day's low is 6% or more below the previous day's close. Among these, 15% (n=56) were in the broad Medical sector and only 10% (n=38) were in the industry Medical - Biomedical. If someone was interested enough you could go back and generate a reasonable estimate of what the return would have been on those 38 Medical - Biomedical stocks, or any other industry for that matter.

compound_gains
msg #110896
modified
2/2/2013 9:01:22 AM

I think you'll find that there is no simple way to exclude "medical - biomedical" as an industry and the workarounds (industry counts, industry number counts, etc.) don't seem to work with "medical - biomedical." But you already have the easiest solution. In Kevin's filter he has "add column industry." You're only dealing with a handful of stocks so if you see a stock in an industry you don't like, just skip it.

That being said, I think you'll find if you back check that "medical - biomedical" stocks account for a lot of the entries with this filter...it's simply their volatility...so you've changed the whole system if you exclude them.

compound_gains
msg #109903
1/7/2013 9:01:20 AM

Whatever. Thanks for the original scripting. Bye.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.