StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (77 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 >> 
Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily
c1916
msg #132993
12/1/2016 8:08:52 PM

@Kevin et al.

The SS signal to short TVIX runs counter to @SafeTrade's signal to go long on VIX.

Unless I'm misreading the two schemes, this is shaping up to be the battle between the two really favorable SF systems currently being floated here.

c1916
msg #132152
10/26/2016 9:24:00 PM

The IFT trigger is saying to buy TVIX/VXX tomorrow as well.

Kevin's signal is saying short the VIX, though.

I'm thinking a small position is in the cards for me tomorrow AM. I've also got some SPY puts that have been live since yesterday. Would be a quick double dip if the direction is correct.

General Discussion · A NEW FORUM DEVOTED TO INDIVIDUAL TRADING LOGS
c1916
msg #132052
10/21/2016 3:10:41 PM

Kevin I see that you've started to post your individual trades. Since the originator has the ability to make a thread read-only, where would one go to post questions or commentary should the originator be open to those discussions. For example, regarding your specific post, I am interested in how you arrived at the ranges used (more specifically the deltas from current price that you used to arrive at the opening position). Where would I go to ask a question like that without, I guess, opening up such a thread to the personal commentary that would detract from it's use?

General Discussion · Interesting Research
c1916
msg #131985
10/18/2016 10:50:04 AM

The 2X leverage chart seems disingenuous....if you apply leverage to a "winning" program, of course the results will be even more glowing.

Otherwise, I certainly don't mind attempts to simplify entry/exit points, but this one almost seems too simple. Wouldn't it make sense to EXIT the markets if the S&P is up for the week or down more than 3% for the week if those scenarios trigger negatively over the long term? Selling (or shorting) when the signal DOESN'T trigger would seem to be the proper play as well.

Also, it isn't clear if the scenarios simply had the user buying at the open at market prices on Monday when the signal triggers, or if there was other fine tuning on the entry point.

I'd be interested in looking at raw numbers instead of a chart. For example, given the 26 year sample, that's a little over 1000 weeks. So, how many weeks generated the signal, and how many of those weeks were winners? Conversely, how many weeks generated no signal, and how many of those weeks resulted in a loss?

Stock Picks and Trading · Intraday Alerts
c1916
msg #131875
10/12/2016 11:31:47 AM

That's $20.14 you didn't have when you woke up JP.

Filter Exchange · A NEW ^VIX TRADING SYSTEM
c1916
msg #131573
modified
9/28/2016 10:26:40 PM

@Kevin. Like CMG, I'm confused, I read both the 9/27 and 9/28 signals as LONG Vix. You indicate two Short VIX positions in the table 2 messages above here (although the gain/loss suggests that they were both opened long).

c1916
msg #131536
9/27/2016 3:44:07 PM

I've got my toe in this water as well with an October Risk Reversal on VXX 36/41 spread for $0.75.

c1916
msg #131436
9/22/2016 10:18:41 PM

So we're in for a dull day tomorrow, then.

Maybe I'll sleep in.

c1916
msg #131361
modified
9/21/2016 2:12:06 PM

If you're convinced that Monday or Tuesday will be really bad, why buy XIV yesterday? Why not wait until your concerns shake out early next week? XIV is unlikely to move decisively in the next four trading days. And, if you're right, you have a chance to buy into XIV at a much lower point.

c1916
msg #131304
9/19/2016 1:19:49 PM

Ah...I missed that. You're paper trading the futures on the actual VIX. My mistake.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus