StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (77 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 >> 
Stock Picks and Trading · What else is there to say. AMZN
c1916
msg #137056
7/27/2017 10:34:44 AM

For me, it is worth paying a little for protection on Amazon, and FWIW that's what I've done. The 1020/990 cost me $2.50ish.

Stock Picks and Trading · Intraday Alerts
c1916
msg #137038
7/26/2017 3:40:33 PM

Sold half of my SCO position yesterday, but for me it's time to look for re-entry points. 35.50 is ideal, but I don't think it'll drop there in this cycle, I'll start legging in if it cracks 36.00.

c1916
msg #136888
7/20/2017 9:55:44 AM

More CMG "News"

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/20/rodents-reportedly-fall-from-ceiling-of-dallas-chipotle.html

c1916
msg #136850
7/18/2017 4:26:27 PM

I'm not sure CMG is unownable. I think that's just clickbait. I don't follow it on any of my charts, but it's down less than 5% and is basically filling in the gap down to the previous 2 "problems" that they had in terms of cleanliness.

I think if you see 355 from November as having been representative of the bottom, there's another 5% or so to go before that becomes a solid bottom for this stock REGARDLESS of their ability to sling food that isn't going to make people sick.

TL:DR...I'm not interested in owning it, but I think the investorplace link is overstating it for shock value.

General Discussion · Opinions on option to protect gain
c1916
msg #136057
5/25/2017 1:52:01 PM

As it happens, I have a similar situation on VEEV reporting today. In this instance, I chose a protective put spread allowing me to sell the stock at (or near) the current level if it breaks down but also enable me to buy it back at a "discount" if the sold put comes into play because I do want to remain long in the stock. If nothing happens to the stock or if it spikes higher, I'm out a little insurance.

If I was less concerned about keeping the stock, I'd consider a collar.

I think the key to answering your question is dependent upon whether you really want to still be in the stock going forward. If you do, some protective put is more appropriate than selling a call.

c1916
msg #135629
4/26/2017 2:54:07 PM

Be careful with Amazon with earnings tomorrow night.

For me, I've put protection around my shares selling calls at +5% and buying a put collar at -5%. Pocket a little bit of premium today to cover any move outside the expected volatility. Honestly, if I'm forced to sell at 955 on Friday to cover the call, I'm comfortable doing that.

General Discussion · Does anyone use or heard of Robinhood?
c1916
msg #135331
4/7/2017 2:33:00 PM

I get the impression that many people here are on Interactive Brokers. I have the play money account with them, and they're OK. I wouldn't be the biggest cheerleader for them, they do tend to nickle and dime on fees, but if you trade even reasonably often, they'll be waived. Wading through the choices of services can be intimidating. I also have Fidelity and Schwab. The interface that I like best is StreetSmartEdge with Schwab, so I do most of my research and pricing there before trading in whatever account is appropriate for a given trade. No info on Robinhood for you.

General Discussion · Interesting Book to read Daryl Guppy Trend trading
c1916
msg #135312
4/6/2017 10:30:21 PM

Hopefully not too quickly, though. I'd love my covered calls to expire worthless. :)

Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily
c1916
msg #135136
3/25/2017 9:57:41 PM

OK...I never intended to get in the middle of the did-he/didn't-he argument. If any of you had the balls to short the TVIX or buy XIV when it looked like the bill was going to come up for a vote and fail, I give you credit, binary or not.

I stick by the theory that there isn't a filter out there that can represent political black swanesque events in real time, but if there is I look forward to seeing it posted here to the benefit of all of SF. :)

Stock Picks and Trading · Shills Swing N Daily
c1916
msg #135109
3/24/2017 4:24:07 PM

I give you and Kevin a great deal of credit for your reads today. You guys have to admit that those were binary calls that couldn't possibly have been generated by a filter or signal, unless one of you geniuses has invented a filter to consider politics in real time.

In the muddle this afternoon, I started pricing out protection in case the vote happened and lost after the close, as this weekend would have been a quagmire. I certainly didn't have the guts to double down on XIV or short TVIX during that hour or so.

Sometimes just sitting tight is OK too.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.