StockFetcher Forums · View by Author: (48 messages)  [ Display By: Date / Subject ]<< 1 2 3 4 5 >> 
Filter Exchange · Shills ultimate $1 Filter
Lapre506
msg #139438
11/21/2017 7:51:02 PM

Hey Shills. I've been getting some nice plays on this filter. But I changed some of your parameters to give me a few more options.

Fetcher[Stocks are not OTCBB
Bollinger Width Oscillator(5,2) below -1 in last day
Lower Acceleration Band(5) dropped more than 3.5 Percent
Lower Keltner Band(5)dropped more then 3 percent
Day Position(0.5,1)below day position 2 days ago
do not draw day position (-1.00,5)
do not draw day position
and price between 0.50 and 2
and IMI(4) below 25
and rsi(2) is below 1
and Connors RSI(3,2,100)below 20
add column rsi(2)
add column IMI(4)
add column Connors RSI(3,2,100)
add column market cap
MARKET CAP IS ABOVE 1
Average Volume(30) is above 200000
sort by column 5 ascending
]

I manually back tested the last two months in excel based on a 10% stop loss and the high close within the next three days. If you give these 10% wiggle room after they hit the filter it seems to be the sweet spot for maximized wins. If you're really daring 15% actually ups the win rate quite a bit but that's a little much wagered for my taste on one position.

Over the last 2 months this filter gave 48 possible plays. 10 would have been losers based on a 10% stop loss. The other 38 plays were winners with an average gain of 8% based on close within the next 3 days. Overall if you played every position over the last two months you would have netted 4.65%
I'm sorting by RSI2 but in my spreadsheet I'm not seeing a huge correlation from lower RSI2 to win percentage. But an RSI2 under 1 is the sweetspot.

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread. Just wanted to share my version of this awesome filter. It's been a nice couple of weeks for me playing it.

Filter Exchange · The Ron Groenke V Theory
Lapre506
msg #139390
11/17/2017 6:43:28 PM

Jim can you post your version (clickable) so I can give it a look?

Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS
Lapre506
msg #138713
10/14/2017 8:22:05 PM

This filter can easily be applied to ETF's instead of stocks. Just edit the code to market is ETF.

Lapre506
msg #138639
10/9/2017 6:31:57 PM

I can't speak for Snappy, but he and I have discussed how to handle stop losses. I believe he uses a 10%. But this is how I am handling that issue. I tweaked TRO's filter to only show stocks in an uptrend (basically just added code for trading above SMA (200). So if I get stuck in a losing position eventually that stock will get back to the price I bought it. Sunday night when I sit down and check the filter and put the results into my spreadsheet I identify the top 10-15 candidates. Add them to watchlist Monday morning and I monitor the premarket activity. If a stock is down in premarket I won't buy it at open. I only buy the ones that are slightly up or no activity. This results in 2 positions bought at open. Most times both these positions spike up and hit their 1%-2% by 9:45 and I am out of both. Then the rest of the day I monitor the other stocks in the watchlist. Around 2:30 I put buy orders in on 4 of them that opened and went straight down, or opened and spiked up less then the 1% and then went down. These positions I hold through the week and sell when they eventually come back to 1% gain. I don't use a stop loss on these because I am already getting them cheaper then the opening price on Monday, they are uptrending stocks, and the mathematical probability on them hitting their 1% is 95% plus.

I realize this is not the way the system was designed and intended but it allows me to stack the probabilities in my favor and minimize risk. Eventually I will get slammed by a big loss and then I will have to decide whether to eat it or hold over the weekend for the next week. If the loss has a catalyst like bad news I'll probably just cut my losses on Friday. But if it's just a normal ebb and flow of the market, being an uptrending stock I'll just hold it til the next week. The downside being a quarter of my capital will be on pause.

Filter Exchange · Requesting Popular Filter Updates
Lapre506
msg #138482
10/1/2017 1:00:53 PM

IMHO you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not reading the threads of the filters you are considering using. Before I went live with the TRO Slo Cooker I took an afternoon and read the entire thread. Someone could post the final versions of the filters but without knowing the trials and tribulations that lead to the eventual changes that were made you're missing out on some crucial info.

Lapre506
msg #138402
9/27/2017 10:19:35 AM

So.. I guess you can consider me an understudy to Snappyfrog at this point. I've been live with this filter for 2 weeks now. After conversing and using some of Snappys alterations to the system as well as a couple of my own to maximize performance. I'm not trading with a ton of capital yet but in the two weeks my overall balance is up 7.34%

I altered the filter and made an alternate for 10W time period rather then 52. Trying to capture stocks that have been consistent more recently (many stocks show up on both). I also gave the stocks a bit of a "slugging percentage" formula similar to how real slugging % works in baseball. So a 2% gain is worth more then 1. 4% is worth more then 2. Kinda like singles, doubles, triples, and 5% is my HR.

Anyway I split my capital up into 4 positions and on Monday at open I buy two of the stocks that have gone 10/10 in the 1% and 2% categories that have the highest slugging percentage. The other 2 positions I don't buy until the 2-2:30 afternoon lull on Monday. The criteria for these 2 is they must have opened and gone straight down, or not spiked up close to the 1% gain.

Whatever positions I sell on Monday gets reinvested into more stocks that went down at open and haven't recovered yet. So in all I ended up playing 15 positions over the past two weeks.

Out of 15 these are my returns:
2.15%
0.73%
1.22%
0.89%
3.12%
-3.85%
2.27%
0.00%
1.29%
4.66%
-0.07%
3.32%
1.17%
3.62%
0.00%

I'm using RobinHood so which has no commissions so I have no issue cutting a position off for breakeven. I don't have to worry about "atleast making commissions back" which is a relief. 'm still quite protective of my capital and haven't learned how to "let my winners run" so I end up using tight manual trailing stops and get stopped out alot. But I'm also happy to take any profits. I'm going to have to train myself to have faith in the high probability of this system.

But yea this system works even with my protective flaws as a trader.

Lapre506
msg #138120
9/12/2017 10:17:59 AM

Well in this system I feel like a 2% stop loss would have you out of many of these trades way before they ever come back and hit their 1-2% profit mark. In that situation the only trades that would get through are the ones that immediately took off on Monday, or the ones that only slightly dipped on Monday. With a 2% stop loss you'd probably just about break even in this system because you'd be out of so many trades. If the stock crashes on Monday and stops you out at 2% then comes back later in the week to make it's 2% gain it'd be a losing trade for you in this system.

There must be a mathematically figured sound stop loss "sweet spot" for this particular system. I can put faith in the probabilities of stocks to hit their highs. If a stock has done it 50 out of 52 weeks then I can take comfort in the fact that I have a very good chance it does it this week. But you also cannot foresee the future and if I happen to be in one of the 2 out of 52 losing weeks I'd hope to get out with less then 3-5% lost. But does 3-5% give enough room for these weekly plays to play out?

Lapre506
msg #138116
9/12/2017 8:45:50 AM

So read this thread in it's entirety. If I missed it I apologize but did anyone ever decide where the sweet spot is for a stop loss? I saw Snappy in one post mention he uses a 10% and previously in this thread the gentleman that had a ton of success said he never used one at all. That seems crazy to me so there must be a happy medium that allows these stocks some flex room. I'm currently paper trading this method and I am impressed with the hit rate on it. But I don't want that 1 big loser to wipe out weeks of profit.

StockFetcher Forums ·  · << 1 2 3 4 5 >>

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.