StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Any historical trading simulators to practice trades?<< >>Post Follow-up
faraway
16 posts
msg #58638
Ignore faraway
12/31/2007 4:50:46 PM

I've worked on my filters and I've backtested them. The next step -- for me, an inexperienced trader -- is to take my date offset filter results, and see how I'd do actually selecting trades from the results, and managing those trades until I exit them. I'd need historical data, not the stock simulation games I've found all over the web. Does anyone know of a good historical trading simulation that fits my needs? Many thanks for any help. And a good new year to all.

FrankOaktree
2 posts
msg #71143
Ignore FrankOaktree
2/3/2009 3:57:32 PM

Try ThinkOrSwim. Their main software includes ThinkBack, which allows you to simulate trades with stocks or options. It works fine and is easy to use. All of their software is free for their account holders. Their URL is "thinkorswim.com".

StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Any historical trading simulators to practice trades?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus