StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Backtesting Archiving<< >>Post Follow-up
Stocksight
33 posts
msg #44449
Ignore Stocksight
5/31/2006 5:00:19 AM

The fifty backtest limit is severely hindering my work. I've tried to capture the Backtesting page using a couple of different utilities without success. This is probably a result of the sophistication of the site incorporating cookies, login and a backend database. Is there a way for me to accomplish this? Or, can SF create an archiving function allowing me to download the my BT results and underlying code to maybe a spreadsheet? Thanks,

Stocksight
33 posts
msg #46646
Ignore Stocksight
modified
11/21/2006 2:34:48 AM

Not sure if this will be of any help. Here is my Ultraedit macro used to archive my backtesting results. I open up each test and do a Select All (Ctrl-A) and Copy (Ctrl-C) on both the Statistics and System Summary pages pasting onto a new document. Once I have all 50 results copied, I run the macro and it parses the file into a pipe delimited format for import into Excel:

StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Backtesting Archiving<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.