StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Expainations of headings requested<< >>Post Follow-up
glider
59 posts
msg #36467
Ignore glider
6/25/2005 7:09:31 PM

I would really, REALLY like to see detailed explainations of the headings with some practical examples.
What are Win/Loss Ratio, Risk/Reward, ROI etc. and how are they calculated?
Is drawdown the opposite to maximum profit?
I know many others have requested this also.

Thanks

glider
59 posts
msg #38563
Ignore glider
10/25/2005 2:19:23 AM

Repeat request

craigk
24 posts
msg #39211
Ignore craigk
11/30/2005 4:17:08 AM

I love backtesting...I think...
I think the most important is "average net change for completed trades"

the Win/Loss is any trade that has a possitive gain divided by any stock that is a loss. ie 5/4 = 1.25 is 5 trades gaining / 4 trades losses.

ROI is "Return on Investment" an yearly estimate using this system. It is a guess. I have the 2 year plan and it is not accurate as I can do a year backtest and it is off. But, it is proportional so it is a good reference. The higher the better.(unless you need some tax write-offs)

Now I am just guessing...
Risk/Reward goes up when you complete more possive (winning) trades. Say you have a profit stop at 5% then move it to 3%. More positive trades completed the higher the Risk/Reward Ratio.

Drawdown, I do not pay mind to this. Probibly another estimate on how much a almost fully invested trading account would drawdown.

Do not understand Maximum profit, maybe the averange of all the wining trades. No, I'm clueless.
I would like more information too - maybe it is a trade secret of the stockfetcher Company,

Anyway, That is what Craig Thinks

Here is one that I just though of...
Americas Christmas celibration percent is 28.5%.

Christmas is a "Mass for Christ" So 28.5% go to a Service to celibrate Christmas. So 71.5% do not celibrate Christmas. Now what is the Risk/Reward ratio, ROI and Win/Lost for that hour of time?

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #39219
Ignore Koronbock
11/30/2005 10:27:18 AM

You do not need to guess. All the definitions are right under your eye, in this forum. Look under the thread "definitions".

StockFetcher Forums · Backtesting Support · Expainations of headings requested<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2018 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus