StockFetcher Forums · Public Filter List · Bouncing filter and RSI(2)<10, high ROI<< >>Post Follow-up
shelupinin
120 posts
msg #36342
Ignore shelupinin
6/15/2005 4:08:15 AM

this filter shows stock which are bouncing , RSI(2)<10 filters stock which at the bottom, so there is high probability that it will bounce up
Fetcher[set{ClOp,close - open}
set{x1,clop / open}
set{pct, x1 * 100}
set{y,count(pct is above 5, 20)}
y > 2
and rsi(2) is below 10
and price is above 5
and volume is above 100000
]

Try to backtest this filter with 1% stop loss, without any profit stop and maximum holding perion 1 day. Depending of the time frame of test this filter will show ROI from 400% to 1000%, for example for backtest period from 06/03/2004 to 06/03/2005 the ROI=1052.26% ! Not bad result for filter which uses marginable stocks over 5 USD !!!

MACDONALD
18 posts
msg #97781
Ignore MACDONALD
12/3/2010 2:09:35 PM

I am new to this, and this is a really great filter! What sort of entry points, or buy triggers to you use for this?

Or do you just enter at opening at set the stop @ 1%..or ??

Thanks in advance

MacDonald

MACDONALD
18 posts
msg #97783
Ignore MACDONALD
12/3/2010 2:16:50 PM

Any addtional advise on buy triggers...to avoid head fakes.

Thanks

Macdonald

MACDONALD
18 posts
msg #98589
Ignore MACDONALD
1/15/2011 2:11:10 PM

I have tried making a "Shorting version" of this filter, but no success. Any suggestions on this anyone?

Thanks

jimvin
170 posts
msg #98662
Ignore jimvin
1/19/2011 11:18:04 PM

Every post deserves a reply...so here's my moderately informed resposne. I've been researching/using stock filters/models for a few years (made a lot of money/lost a lot of money) and one of my basic conclusions is that every market has its own personality and its own "play style."

Until about August of last year I had pretty good success (avg return of 5% = a week) playing a model that used % Advances, P&F Charts, MACD and classic RSI patterns to pick winners. In August, however, the market stopped playing by the rules I was using to win.

For example, one of the classic rules for using RSI is that stocks above 80 are overbought and are poison, while stocks below 20 are oversold and are fantastic bargains. Yet at about that point (August, 2010) stocks in the 80s and even 90s started going substantially higher in weekly plays...very much against classical theory and what had worked for me up until then.

My tentative conclusion is that this filter may well work (and may work well) but you should play it on paper for at least a couple of months tracking weekly or daily picks for a variety of time-frames (day, week, multiple weeks) and see what, if any, time-frame works.

(All of the above is my humble opinion based on humbling experience...)

StockFetcher Forums · Public Filter List · Bouncing filter and RSI(2)<10, high ROI<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.