StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · filter for shorting stocks with options?<< >>Post Follow-up
markcrisp
187 posts
msg #32842
Ignore markcrisp
8/13/2004 3:29:35 PM

Hi,

I see there are many great filters here but which one would you recommend for buying put options on stocks?

I basically need to look for potential big (13%+) moves in 10-20 days time frames.

Piercing of upper Bollinger band? I don't like trying to catch trend reversals. I prefer stocks that have some momentum behind them and to catch part of the move. Better than predicting..in my opinion.

Any ideas?

Regards

xraywiz
22 posts
msg #32845
Ignore xraywiz
8/13/2004 6:50:55 PM

Eagleoptions filter, started some 8-10 filters ago, is a good one, imho. A lot of truly caring guys on this thread have refined it to a very respectable point.
I have been looking at it and have tested it for the past week for options, and believe you can make good money with it. It's not failsafe, but the filter has VERY good odds of success. That's all you care about, isn't it?
The main problem with the options is that there is a great deal of price variation during the trading day due to volatility. If you watch for that, and manage your money well (translated: don't be greedy), you can really do well.

But: Remember that these are the bear times. If you do follow this filter, make sure you don't get caught offguard with a bullish swing.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · filter for shorting stocks with options?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.