StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · does anybody use force index ?<< >>Post Follow-up
rsdivekar
8 posts
msg #32504
Ignore rsdivekar
7/5/2004 3:05:13 AM

apart from the simple example provided on the help page, can anybody
post a filter which uses Force Index FI(2) or FI(13) ?

FI seems like a pretty useful filer, though I dont see any discussion / threads
on it .

xraywiz
22 posts
msg #32509
Ignore xraywiz
7/5/2004 6:43:11 PM

You may already know this, but fwiw, Alex Elder's two books on trading room discuss it in full detail.
It is a good filter to tell you about the market direction, and I have tried-- and I think I have it stashed somewhere--, a filter that used the "differnce" between the two (bull vs bear) that seemed to work very well.
I will find it and post it here soon
MMF

phacke
1 posts
msg #32835
Ignore phacke
8/13/2004 12:00:56 AM

I too would be very interested in seeing force index, especially with the ability to have a running average of the values over a few days too smooth the peaks to see if it is on the whole positive or negative. Please indeed post if you can dig it up!!!

6 posts
msg #32890
Ignore 40027050
8/19/2004 5:11:37 PM

Try this :

show stocks where the weekly MACD Histogram has been increasing for the last 1 week and the daily Force Index(2) < 0 and daily Force Index(2) > daily Force Index(2) 1 day ago and EMA(13) has been increasing for the last 5 days (= bullish)

show stocks where the weekly MACD Histogram has been decreasing for the last 1 week and the daily Force Index(2) > 0 and daily Force Index(2) < daily Force Index(2) 1 day ago and EMA(13) has been decreasing for the last 5 days (= bearish)

does not work well in intra-day timeframes = swing or lontime traders !!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · does anybody use force index ?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.