StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Using Fibonacci<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #137991
Ignore SFMc01
9/6/2017 11:03:03 AM

Does anyone have success with a filter using Fibonacci lines?

Thanks,
Steve

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #137992
Ignore pthomas215
9/6/2017 11:10:52 AM

Yes, I use them for gap trading...i.e. I take the largest higher volume stock in pre market that has dropped the most and run retracement on it to see what level it is at and where it is most likely going to. I use 2 year, weekly time frame the most to see clear and defined inflection points. that said, price movement and visuals drive most decision making. i.e. when a price is notably outside the bollinger band, i just get in...it always comes back the other way.

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #138007
Ignore SFMc01
9/6/2017 9:12:59 PM

pt: Thank you

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #138008
Ignore pthomas215
9/6/2017 9:41:59 PM

youre welcome. My point on that is sometimes you have a Fibonacci retracement level you expect it to get to when dropping and it doesnt quite go to that expected support level--and more important is the support level you can see visually that it recently tested multiple times and would not drop below it. But I think it is useful. I didnt get in TRVG today but I used it to see the levels it would drop to. could have picked it up at the open for 10.80 and it ran to 12.30 or so I believe by days end. Yet one more "wish I would have....."

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Using Fibonacci<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.