StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 >>Post Follow-up
redversa721
157 posts
msg #158929
Ignore redversa721
4/5/2022 10:01:54 AM

2 months since I have been trading using the bot that i developed.
auto buy the list of stocks.at market open, a minute after market opens, my bot calculates 2.23 above average execution fill price and then sends a sell order.

I have not been documenting the past few months, but so far since Feb when the trading bot started, I only have three stocks that are unsold.

Still only playing with 100/USD per stock but so far good. My losses from the past months [esp Nov and Oct 2021], most of those are still unsold and are at -50 to -70% loss. still holding on to it until either it sells at a profit or goes down to 0.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #158930
Ignore nibor100
4/5/2022 10:05:12 AM

Thanks for updating us, I was wondering how well your bot was working and how the trading was going.
Ed S.

redversa721
157 posts
msg #158931
Ignore redversa721
4/5/2022 11:46:25 AM

I have started working a second more social job as a bartender so most nights am out till 2 am. I run two three strategies which is pretty much as hands off as possible

1. run TRO sunday night for 5-10 stocks [Since Feb has been almost around 92% success with the bot]
2. Run AAPL and exit at .27% profit [Use margin here so a week at 1% . This is about 83% success rate]
3. when AAPL is kinda pushing highs, I use another daily strat [it's at > 90% success after 5 months, will publish the code in July. I exit at 0.67% /day]

So my actual prep time has been cut down to a couple mins a day, when I kick off the bot around midnight PST and then wake up at 7.30 am. Most days, I am already out of the market by 6.50 AM PST

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #158934
Ignore VenturaTrader
4/5/2022 1:14:47 PM

I too, along with Ed are glad to see your update on your progress with the CrockPot. As you may recall, a couple of years ago, I tried trading the CrockPot, but gave up because of the same problem you are coming across, that there are a few candidates that have large losses which ruin the overall return of the CrockPot.

Recently my thought was if there was a way to sell the entire weekly portfolio once a profit target was hit for the entire portfolio, that would solve a problem with having a few losers hanging on for weeks or months. In Think or Swim, I tried to do this but there was no way within the program to make it happen.

Of course, the problem with this idea is if the profit target is not hit for the portfolio as a whole, you are left holding all the positions on Friday afternoon. Most weeks there are many positions which far exceed a 2% profit target, so it's possible this idea may work if you can program your bot to do it.

Mike

redversa721
157 posts
msg #158936
Ignore redversa721
4/5/2022 1:34:30 PM

Hi Venture

Thanks for the comments. I have been able to alleviate the problem of unsold stocks predominantly by having the sell orders out of the box by 6:31 AM PST

Buy happens at market open, and some stocks take up to 6:30:40secs to fill. by 6:30:55secs AM my bot sends out the sell orders.

Problem in previous months [pre bot] was two fold
1. used to take me between 10-25 mins to execute the sell orders, this is now prevented by the bot
2. I got to be awake or at my computer when the orders go through, this has been prevented as well

with the crazy ups and downs due to the war , it was still profitable to be doing TRO so far. It's just that the times I was experimenting , i hung on to the unsolds for tooo long which meant about 12K was locked out almost permanently. since Oct/Nov/Dec some stocks have gone up and I was able to exit, but a lot many of those are still slowly dropping in values.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO'S CROCK POT 2.0<< 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.