StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE PERFECT FILTER!<< >>Post Follow-up
riggs
313 posts
msg #38696
Ignore riggs
11/4/2005 3:09:39 AM

I think I presenter this filter a little over a year ago, and If I remember right, it got rave reviews. Now I've since modified it, but the nuts and bolts are still the same. So for the newbies, you might want to play around with it. I'm sure many of you have came up with this filter yourselve's, but this filter has made me a small fortune and I just wanted to throw it out there again.

Fetcher[show stocks where MACD fast line(12,26)crossed above MACD slow line(12,26)1 day ago and +DI(14)crossed above -DI(14)1 day ago and RSI(14)crossed above 50 1 day ago and IFT(5,9)crossed above -0.5 1 day ago and average volume(90)is above 100000 and draw ema(3)draw ema(13)draw ema(39)draw ema(200)draw bollinger bands(20,2.0)]

For the programmers out there, please feel free to tweak it some. But remember, it was designed then by a newbie(me),so let's "keep it simple."

RIGGS

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38699
Ignore futuremoney
11/4/2005 9:09:13 AM

If this is the perfect filter for newbies (I are one), are we waiting for green, then buying or how do you want me to play this? I need to make a small forturn also!
Thanks
JGC

riggs
313 posts
msg #38700
Ignore riggs
11/4/2005 9:57:44 AM

Futuremoney -

I never dive in until I see a 3 / 13 crossover. But the beautiful thing about this simple little filter, is that most of all the results have already done that. Then is the stock within 3-5%(from below) of the 200 day ema? Then a last dose of fundamentals. That's MY "wait for green."

RIGGS

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #38707
Ignore txtrapper
11/4/2005 7:16:05 PM

Have you looked at the backtest results? add AND DATE OFFSET IS 1. Surprise.

TxTrapper

riggs
313 posts
msg #38708
Ignore riggs
11/4/2005 7:52:49 PM

Trapper -

Not too bad huh? Thanks for that "date offset."

garryp
39 posts
msg #39271
Ignore garryp
12/2/2005 2:33:09 PM

What is your exit strategy?

riggs
313 posts
msg #39282
Ignore riggs
12/2/2005 10:39:18 PM

garryp -

Exit strategy? Any reversal candles in conjunction with just about any overbought Oscillator. You might leave a little money on the table, but it's always better to get out early, then too late. Besides, there's always another trade right around the corner. You might want to watch my "shorting" filter results in the General discussion room under the heading "Your Holy Grail results are now here." There, you can watch how I enter & exit stocks everyday starting Monday 12/5/05.

RIGGS

limestar
79 posts
msg #39292
Ignore limestar
12/3/2005 10:39:34 AM

You cant trade this on a 1 day basis unless you buy at next days open and then the results might not be the same. 1 day systems I've always found to be insane to emulate.

3 days hold is usually a safe spot to get on board.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE PERFECT FILTER!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.