StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Screen for Relative Price Strength (RS) Rating above 95 like marketsmith<< >>Post Follow-up
servus777
2 posts
msg #154966
Ignore servus777
12/16/2020 7:28:05 AM

I'm trying to find stocks that in IBD have a Relative Price Strength (RS) Rating above 95 using a stock fetcher filter. Any ideas on which filter to use to come up with something close to the RS rating in IBD.

Thanks in advance for your help.

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #154976
Ignore JoeyVinyl
modified
12/16/2020 6:28:13 PM

I don't know what they're measuring the RS against so this might not help. You might also have to make a watchlist of their stocks to use in a filter. I have something I call my Base Code to measure RS against four different indexes and create an average. I use it in all my filters because I think RS is useful, but that might just be me.

Fetcher[
/* RELATIVE STRENGTH & SCORE */
set {rs1, relative strength(^INX,28)} /* S&P 500 Index */
set {rs2, relative strength(^DJIA,28)} /* Dow Jones Industrial Average */
set {rs3, relative strength(^RUT,28)} /* Russell 2000 */
set {rs4, relative strength(^IXIC,28)} /* NASDAQ Composite */
set {rsavg1, rs1 + rs2}
set {rsavg2, rs3 + rs4}
set {rsavg3, rsavg1 + rsavg2}
set {rsavg, rsavg3 / 4}

add column rsavg
]

servus777
2 posts
msg #154999
Ignore servus777
12/17/2020 5:45:06 PM

Thank you!

I am pretty new here. How would I now be able to use the score to reduce the number of stocks?
I am looking for stocks that have a very high RS

JoeyVinyl
125 posts
msg #155010
Ignore JoeyVinyl
12/18/2020 11:27:57 AM

One way is to add the line:

rsavg > 1

That will only show you stocks with a relative strength equal greater than the index. Then you want to add the lines:

add column rsavg
sort column 5 descending

The four basic columns that you can't change (but you can sort on) are Symbol, Last, Chg(%), and Vol. When you add a column it becomes the fifth one, so by sorting on the fifth column you'll see the highest RS stocks first.

Keep in mind, a high RS doesn't mean the stock price is moving higher. It just means the stock is doing better than the index you're comparing it to. If the index is dropping the stock may also be dropping but at a lower rate.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Screen for Relative Price Strength (RS) Rating above 95 like marketsmith<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.