StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MACD - Price Divergence<< >>Post Follow-up
JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29385
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/20/2003 6:15:18 PM

A person on Koliga reminded me of one of the most powerful buy signals one can get. It's the MACD - PRICE Divergence. This is a genuine divergence not whatever some folks claim a divergence to be. A genuine divergence has the price go down and the MACD do up. That is a genuine divergence.
The opposite is also true for short traders.

A true divergence can also be filtered for RSI but it would work a bit different in that you look for a stock to make a new low, but the RSI fails to make a new low. That is a great buy signal. The opposite is also true and it's a great "Get the hell out of Dodge signal" when the price makes a new high but
the RSI fails to follow through.
Somoneone else can write that filter.

Here is the MACD divergence filter:

Fetcher[
Show stocks where MACD histogram(12,26) has been increasing over the last 4 days
and where Close has been decreasing over the last 4 days
and Average Volume(90) is above 50000 and close is between .1 and 9.95
]

Look at the charts of the hits and then look at the price vs MACD and you will see what I mean.

I'm not the world's greatest programmer so if anyone can do this better, by all means please do so.
I am trading this system on Koliga.com as of today.

http://www.koliga.com/forum/index.php?c=5

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29387
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/20/2003 6:21:55 PM

I forgot to mention that 4 and 5 day performances are outstanding with very few losses.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · MACD - Price Divergence<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.