StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · LINEAR REGESSION AND RSI(2) with DMA(28,-14)!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #40315
Ignore JohnyYuma
1/15/2006 10:02:35 PM

TRO

With all due respects to your coding prowess
(and assuming that you do not go off on Rigsy like rants... ugh...)
and
assuming your statements are correct
then
we don't need filters - we don't need SF - bye bye technical scans
- just pick up any stock and trade

My understanding is that the purpose of filters is to give you an edge and if that edge does not exist then the filter is not serving its purpose

In this case the edge is not there - win and loss are even - i.e a ratio of 1 win for every loss

Please do not take it as your criticism - just my humble opinion
(again I am truly impressed by your coding abilities - as well as your helping others - I follow all your scans that you post and am learning bit by bit from them)

Thanks

riggs
313 posts
msg #40316
Ignore riggs
1/15/2006 11:06:12 PM

("and assuming that you do not go off on Rigsy like rants... ugh...")

Boy, you gotta love that. LOL...And you wonder why I "rant" to begin with...

"Riggsy"

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #40318
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/16/2006 12:11:14 AM

"we don't need filters - we don't need SF - bye bye technical scans
- just pick up any stock and trade "

Johnny, you are taking things out of context!

My point is even after you run your filter you still have to TRADE!

The process begins with the filter not ends with it.

Look at the stocks from my KISS OF DEATH FILTER (for shorting) ... most drop like a rock... however you better be ready to take profit/cut loss if they reverse on a rebound.

The filter pays off IF YOU TRADE IT WELL. You can pick up $1 or more a share some days. Other days you take $.20 a share. Sometimes you never get an entry. But no matter if you trade all the stocks or just one, you STILL HAVE TO TRADE THEM... ENTER, MANAGE THE MONEY, MANAGE THE RISK, TAKE THE PROFIT/LOSS WHEN THE TIME COMES.

Does that make it any clearer?

riggs
313 posts
msg #40325
Ignore riggs
1/16/2006 12:21:29 PM

Gotta side with THERUMPLEDONE here. It's true what he says...

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT."

Avery is helping our company build filters, and what works for some,(traders)may not work for others. Avery was able to pull out a profit on(ELOS), while we lost money last week. But the "filter" buy signals were there. So yes, his statement is true...

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT."

Couldn't be more simple than that!!!

"Rantin' Riggs"

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #40326
Ignore alf44
1/16/2006 3:49:41 PM

...well, there you have it...

riggsy and Rumple are smoking from the same "BONG" !

ROFL

alf44

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #40327
Ignore JohnyYuma
1/16/2006 4:44:29 PM

If I have offended anyone, please excuse me (I was just kidding and having some harmless(in my opinion) fun.
I am just a trader, who is not good at technical scripting.
In my opinion - TRO, Riggs (yeah Rigss...) and alfie (and yepher)are a breed apart - as far as scans are concerned - they are one of the best - additionally, all of the folks are very helpful in helping others so that the wheel does not have to be re-invented
I have extensively used their scans and altered them to suit my needs.
In fact, if these 4 and couple of others join forces to create scans that shoud look at multiple parameters - so that when they align and are in unision, this will increase the chance of having a winning trade, it would be a dream come true
Folks - keep up the good work (in spite of some ribbing - comes with the territory, I guess)
Thanks everyone

riggs
313 posts
msg #40331
Ignore riggs
1/16/2006 6:04:10 PM

JohneyYuma -

You did it! I have been trying to find a way to NOT have to call 'alf44' by his namesake! Now we have "ALFIE!" Dude, I love it!!!

Now when you said the 4 of us were a "breed apart," Did you mean TRO, Yepher and myself were Doberman's and "ALFIE" WAS A Pomeranian? If so, couldn't agree more. LOL..."ALFIE," I can't get over that...That is JUST what he is. LOL!!!!

Today is a great day!

RIGGS.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #40332
Ignore alf44
1/16/2006 6:15:21 PM

"Avery is helping our company build filters"

BWAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA--HA !!!

If that isn't the most ridiculous nonsense I have EVER heard uttered at SF...well...I don't know what is !!!

THAT...is absolutely freaking hilarious !!!

riggsy...step away from the BONG...NOW !!!

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #40333
Ignore alf44
1/16/2006 6:19:50 PM

"build filters"

I have visions of Rumple with a tool belt and hard hat on...

..."build'en dem filters !"

BWAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA !!!

Regards,

alf44

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40334
Ignore nikoschopen
1/16/2006 6:26:16 PM

As a curious bystander, it's hard not to see that there's a turf war brewing among the morbid acolytes of TRO and Alf. Boy, do I miss Cegis. When he was around, no doting (viz. senile) idiots had the time to challenge others to a shouting match, for we were simply trying to come up with better filters (largely because our kiddie scripts were negligibly inferior had it not been for certain input from Cegis & others). For those who haven't been around long enough, Cegis was admired not only for his coding prowess but for being objective in his stance towards others' filters as well as his own (actually he didn't have any because he had none to impose on others!)

On behalf of those who are either too damn lazy or merely indifferent to enter the shouting match, I would like to echo their expressed (read: fed up) opinion: take ure crap elsewhere!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · LINEAR REGESSION AND RSI(2) with DMA(28,-14)!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.