StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Idea for backtesting<< >>Post Follow-up
holygrail
72 posts
msg #27238
Ignore holygrail
7/6/2003 3:17:18 PM

For the record, this is NOT Holygrail. I am his trading buddy.

I made an addition to Muddy's BB filter (works on any filter) that allows you to see how much you could have made had you traded the stocks from the filter. The way the Stockfetcher backtest works, the close or last price is used to calculate performance. This is only partially accurate especially if you are a daytrader.

What I wanted to see was the High - Close to see if there was a potential to make/take profit.

Check this out...

Fetcher[set{x,high - open} set{y,x / open} set{ppct,100 * y}
SHOW STOCKS WHERE CLOSE HAS BEEN DECREASING OVER THE LAST 3 DAYS AND AVERAGE VOLUME(90)IS ABOVE 100,000 AND CLOSE PRICE IS BETWEEN 1 AND 10 AND PRICE TOUCHED LOWER BOLLINGER BAND(20)
and add column x
and add column ppct
]

Now when you run a back test you can download the results and use EXCEL to calculate totals. (Hey Stockfetcher, how about calculating totals?)

Also, if you know you trade 1,000 shares, you can multiply X by 1000 to get profit dollars.

I hope this is of some use.

For the record, this is NOT Holygrail. I am his trading buddy.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Idea for backtesting<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.