StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · IS there a workaround to "absolute day change" not just referencing the previous day?<< >>Post Follow-up
mdl060374
94 posts
msg #159635
Ignore mdl060374
modified
10/4/2022 3:45:03 PM

I am looking to find "doji esque" stocks and one of the criteria I m using is

Absolute Day Change(8) is below .30 percent

However, I noticed the 8 day parameter isn't being used, and it is only using the previous day.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get around this?

I also used "average absolute day change" to no avail.

styliten
278 posts
msg #159638
Ignore styliten
modified
10/4/2022 11:52:46 PM

Would this work?

Fetcher[nasdaq 100

show stocks where abs(roc(8)) < 0.30
]

If you meant absolute 1 day return instead, change roc(8) to roc(1).

mdl060374
94 posts
msg #159641
Ignore mdl060374
10/5/2022 1:25:56 PM

Excellent. This is very good. Thank you!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · IS there a workaround to "absolute day change" not just referencing the previous day?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.