StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gruender Filter (Price as a Percent of 52 Week High)<< >>Post Follow-up
gruender
101 posts
msg #26604
Ignore gruender
5/25/2003 12:15:29 PM

Hi Muddy, I am sure that our friends at SF can come up with a better filter than this but they are probably taking the day off relaxing instead of creating filters?

Give this a try: gruender[close divided by high 52 week high is above .85 add column high 52 week high {H52W} and close is between 5 and 6 and add column close divided by high 52 week high {%ofHigh} and average volume(10) is above 50000 and add column average volume(10) {av10}]

Based on your question, I created this filter that shows how near the close is to the 52 week high on a percentage basis. In the "results table" you will see some new columns so that you can verify the results of this filter. If you look at and sort on the column entitled {%of High} you can pick any percentage you want within 15% to 0% of the high. You can also adjust this filter for whatever percentages you have interest in. Also notice that for this filter I am looking only for symbols that are between $5 and $6, so you need to insert whatever dollar values you are interested in. Also I included another filter for 10 day average volume. You can also change this to whatever you like if you want to get rid of the low volume symbols.

I hope that this filter answers your questions until the SF team gets back to work? I am sure that they can improve this for you. Let me know if this is what you needed.

Joe

muddytraks
40 posts
msg #26610
Ignore muddytraks
5/25/2003 8:02:23 PM

thankyou

defghca
150 posts
msg #26618
Ignore defghca
5/26/2003 1:24:39 PM

instead of gruender[close divided by ....try
Fetcher[close divided by high 52 week high is above .85 add column high 52 week high {H52W} and close is between 5 and 6 and add column close divided by high 52 week high {%ofHigh} and average volume(10) is above 50000 and add column average volume(10) {av10}]

gruender
101 posts
msg #26619
Ignore gruender
5/26/2003 4:12:56 PM

Thanks defghca for the suggestion. Using "fetcher" instead of "gruender" avoids alot of extra typing for muddy.

Joe

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gruender Filter (Price as a Percent of 52 Week High)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.