StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Chetron - filter for linear regressions<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
se
2 posts
msg #146784
Ignore se
3/3/2019 7:45:22 PM

Hi I am a newbie. My interest lies in finding stocks that move up and down within a channel. I tried the following but I wonder if this is even the right approach?

set{rHi, top linear regression line(ch)} /* ?? get value of top regression channel */
set{rLo, bottom linear regression line(ch)} /* ?? get value of bottom regression channel */
set{countHi, count(high is near rHi,100)} /* count occurances high is near top channel */
set{countLo, count(LOW is near rLo ,100)} /* count occurances low is near BOTTOM */
do not draw Top Linear Regression Line(100,.5)
do not draw bottom linear regression line(100)
draw Top Linear Regression Line(50,.5)
draw bottom linear regression line(50)
add column countHi
add column countLo
sort column 4 ascending
chart-length is 100
countHi > 4 and countLo > 1
and close is between 5 and 30
and the average volume(90) > 1000000

I have also tried this approach:

set{tx, 5}
set{HH, count(high equal high 50 day high, 50)}
set{ll, count(low equal low 50 day low, 50)}
show stock where
hh > tx and ll > tx
and add column hh
and add column ll
and do not draw the 10 week high
and do not draw the 10 week low
and do not draw hh
and do not draw ll
and do not draw tx
add do not draw 10 week high
add do not draw 10 week low
add 10 week low
and the 50 day high is less than the 102 percent of the 100 day low
and chart-length is 200
and close is between 5 and 30
and the average volume(90) > 1000000
sort column 4 descending
draw Top Linear Regression Line(50,.5)
draw bottom linear regression line(50)

But I realize that I don't know how to force the regression lines to span the full chart.
Thank you very much for your help, SE.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Chetron - filter for linear regressions<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.