StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A Little Help TRO<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
pa247
143 posts
msg #147392
Ignore pa247
4/15/2019 12:20:49 PM

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me with this as im still learning and this is beyond my capabilities at this point. Im trying to set up a filter that will be specific for options btw.

Im using this TTM filter but dont want it to show anything unitl The Squeeze (the period of low volatility) lasts at least 6 trading days. and...

Once that occurs, the stock is on alert and once the squeeze is broken (once the stock moves out of the tight range), measure the one-day change. and.....

If the 1-day momentum (1-day change) is positive and also above 1%, it is triggered as a Bull Squeeze. If the positive move is less than 1%, then the trigger is not turned on. or.....

* If the 1-day momentum (1-day change) is negative by any amount, it is triggered as a Bear Squeeze.

so nothing actually shows up on the chart till the above happens. And using these exact triggers.

use the 20 day simple moving average (SMA) and 10 day SMA for the 'true range' (TR) create the Keltner Channels and use a 2 ATR range (2*ATR)
use the 20 day simple moving average (SMA) to create the Bollinger Bands.

Or possible point me in the right direction if this already exists.

thank you

shillllihs
5,979 posts
msg #147394
Ignore shillllihs
4/15/2019 12:58:25 PM

Look, all you have to do is check out how stocks in this or any filter did in the takedown in Oct., and guess what, they were all down. Unless you have tremendous instincts which I usually do, the market is not a great place to be. But people will always seek out easy routes and remain in denial.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A Little Help TRO<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.